Shift tab and cable position on 2006 DSG

T-b0ne

TDI
2006 Jetta Package 2
My buddy took the "geared" or toothed shift tab off the side and now that everything is back in the car will not shift past reverse. This is due to it getting jammed up on the gusset on the back of the trans directly behind it. I assume there is a certain position the shift selector should be in before it is put back on the gear but have no idea where to put it? The cable only reaches so far and then you have to use the slide piece between the cable and the geared tab. Anyone know of any way to figure out where either or both of these parts need to be for the car to shift correctly all the way to the bottom or "S" sport mode?
Any help you guys can give me or point me to in the forums would be appreciated I looked around but haven't found anything relative to this issue?:confused:

T-b0ne

TDI
2006 Jetta Package 2
As it turns out some what of an easy fix. The shift tab for the trans goes on in only one position "easy" as in it slips right on. The tab has one spot with no gear tooth and when lined up correctly slides on by hand easy. The trans must then be "shifted back towards the firewall through two full clicks. Then the whole assembly can be put back together. The slide collar on the cable first then attached back to the tab.