Tired of Waiting for 2nd Round Bosch Checks

Trade Wind

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 2012 Passat SE 6 spd MT
Family, friends and I have multiple TDIs turned in months and months ago. Over a month ago, a batch of Bosch checks arrived, then nothing. Less than 1/2 have arrived to date. It is pretty obvious they sent out one batch and are stalling on the rest. What is the BEST way to light a fire under them? If a bunch of us in the same boat call, write, or email, it might get things moving. I admit to not spending hours researching what we can do, hoping someone has that in mind and can share it.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
I'll just patiently wait. They will come.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
I just turned in my 09 JSW 2 days ago, I will be waiting. I haven't heard anything except the acknowledgement that I have filled,back 9 mos ago. I also have a 2012 TREG that should get a payment coming.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Sounds like you are acquiring, and turning in, TDi cars as a money making enterprise.

Do you really want to make waves?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I don't believe there is a dead line for Bosch to have all checks mailed and issued, or a check must be issued XX numbers of days after the proper owner has been identified.

Those cars that have changed hands multiple times is going to be the hardest for them to track down.

Sit back and relax, $350 shouldn't be the end all in ones economic survival.

sohccammer427

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDi 6 Speed Manual
Let me ask here....
Gen3 car. Opted for the fix. Phase1 fix complete. Phase2 fix not yet available.
For that scenario, would Bosch only send out a check when Phase2 is completed?
-or-
Has anyone had Phase1 done for their Gen3 and received a check from Bosch?

j2112morris

TDI
2014 Audi Q5 Premium Plus TDI (sold)
Let me ask here....
Gen3 car. Opted for the fix. Phase1 fix complete. Phase2 fix not yet available.
For that scenario, would Bosch only send out a check when Phase2 is completed?
-or-
Has anyone had Phase1 done for their Gen3 and received a check from Bosch?
I have a '15 with a Stage 1 fix. I received my check a while back.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
OP title: "Tired of Waiting for 2nd Round Bosch Checks"

What, exactly, would you propose to do? (except, as Post #2 states, just wait....)

Trade Wind

Veteran Member
TDI
On another thread, I said I was done posting to the TDI forum, since all my cars have been turned in. Who was I kidding? :)

Here is what I emailed the attorney named in the Bosch settlement. Couldn't hurt for others waiting on round 2 checks to do something similar.

Elizabeth J. Cabraser (SBN 083151)
275 Battery Street, 29th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111-3339
(415) 956-1000 (Phone)
(415) 956-1008 (Facsimile)
ecabraser@lchb.com
Lead Counsel for Plaintiffs

Dear Ms Cabraser

Bosch is delaying payment in violation of its settlement agreement for Volkswagen 2.0 liter diesel engines. It is impacting me as a member of the class action. Therefore I ask that you take whatever action needed so I receive payments from Bosch as soon as possible.

Below is from the settlement:
5.4. Any Class Member whose filed claim has been approved or is approved in the future
in either or both of the Volkswagen Settlements will receive an Automatic Payment via check by
mail. Throughout the Settlement Benefit Period, the Claims Administrator will coordinate with the
Claims Supervisor in the Volkswagen Settlements to identify—on at least a bi-weekly basis—which
Class Members’ Claims have been approved in the Volkswagen Settlements. The Claims
Administrator shall mail Automatic Payments to those Class Members no later than 10 business days
after it has identified them.

To date, I have returned <xx>2.0 liter Volkswagens, details below. As you can see, all but one were returned months ago, and that one exception had a claim approved months ago. However, I have only received <yy>payments from Bosch, also shown below. There is no cross reference provided on the check stubs, so I am unsure which VW claims resulted in Bosch payments.

<tables with above details>

All Bosch checks are dated 6/13/17.

The delays on <zz>of my claims are not allowed per the settlement paragraph I attached, and are clearly beyond reasonable. Please let me know when I can expect resolution.

Thank you.

<my name>

UNsweet

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 TDI Sportwagon
I"m in the position of having purchased a former leased car 12/15 (turned in 11/15). I have no way of knowing if the leasee decided to file a claim for 1/2 of the payment. I've only seen one person post they got a partial payment.

I only know it was a leased car from the CarFax btw.

ETA: and it does actually impact me financially right now, i'm having some health issues and cannot work much - every penny helps!

Bebarb10

TDI
2012 TDI
So aggravated

I did my buyback in February and just sent email to that attorney and supposedly they looking into it. We will see

Trade Wind

Veteran Member
TDI
See post #9. I got this email Wednesday. If you are waiting on multiple Bosch checks, it might be worth emailing them.

Dear Mr. Xxxxxxxx:

We checked with the Bosch settlement claims administrator regarding your remaining payments and they anticipate that the checks for those claims should be mailed by the end of the month/first week of September. If you do not receive your payments by mid-September, please let me know.

Best,
Phong Nguyen

LCHB
Phong-Chau G. Nguyen
Attorney at Law
pgnguyen@lchb.com
t 415.956.1000 ext. 2236
f 415.956.1008
Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP
275 Battery Street, 29th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111-3339
www.lieffcabraser.com

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Sounds like good lawyer talk to justify their cut of the deals.

Is $350 really going to break peoples banks? If there was a certain date all payment needed to be issued then, I'd say people have reason to complain, but there wasn't so just hang tight people, mid Sept isn't that far away.

Trade Wind

Veteran Member
TDI
I finally got the remaining checks after asking the attorney to have Bosch expedite. The first batch of checks received in June were all $350 each; the second batch received yesterday, all but one were for $175. Overall, roughly 1/2 were for the full amount, 1/2 for the reduced amount. I have to wonder if the reduced checks are legitimate - how would I know if a previous owner really filed a claim? Did me asking them to expedite cause Bosch to just send reduced amounts to get the attorney off their backs? I have no evidence of any of that, just speculation. I am not going to pursue it.

With those checks, my TDI buyback adventure is officially over (except for writing a big check to the IRS before year end). It was a lot of fun, probably will never have a chance to make easy money like that again.

See you on the Ford Fusion Hybrid forum!

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
we got our '12 passat check about 1.5 months after buy back, about 2 months after we had our formal offer letter. Check was for full amount of $350.

duratitus

Veteran Member
TDI
Several different models. Selling them back to VW
From the information I've seen, Bosch sent out a batch of checks in June all dated the same day, so I'm surmising that they'll send out another batch all at the same time.

I don't think it has anything to do with the timeframe that your claim was completed.

UNsweet

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 TDI Sportwagon
I received my check some time this week - hadn't been to the mailbox. It did NOT show up on my informed delivery. It was in an envelope and a letter piece of paper, dated August 23rd.

Anyway, Buyback was March 9th, received Bosch last week in August.

I was one that had bought 12/2015, and it was a prior leased vehicle (which normally is good, but not in they settlement). Apparently my person filed because I did only receive the $175.00 amount.

It turned up at a great time, and now my chapter is finally finished.