Where to get Gen 1 fix done.

piper109

Veteran Member
Having just heard that the Gen 1 fix is approved, I would like to get my 2012 JSW MT6 fixed soon. I do all my own work on my car and my wife's 2000 NB TDI so there is no dealer I have experience of. My first 3 oil changes on the JSW were done at the dealer Flow in Winston Salem.
Looking for advice on which Dealer to go to to have the "fix" done.
There are three VW Dealers about 1 1/2 to 2 hours drive from where I live in Ashe County but I dont know which one to trust with the job.
Any helpful comments?
Thanks

tooreal

TDI
2006 VW Jetta 1.9 TDI, 5-speed Manual, package 1, DOM 10/06. Tinted windows, Rear Spoiler, Reflex Silver
What is the Gen 1 Fix is the dealership going to do? Curious.

Having just heard that the Gen 1 fix is approved, I would like to get my 2012 JSW MT6 fixed soon. I do all my own work on my car and my wife's 2000 NB TDI so there is no dealer I have experience of. My first 3 oil changes on the JSW were done at the dealer Flow in Winston Salem.
Looking for advice on which Dealer to go to to have the "fix" done.
There are three VW Dealers about 1 1/2 to 2 hours drive from where I live in Ashe County but I dont know which one to trust with the job.
Any helpful comments?
Thanks
Hello,
Just read your post about the Gen 1 Fix being approved by the Dealership I'm guessing? Exactly what was approved to be Repaired by VW?
I ask because I have a 2006 VW JETTA MK5 TDI that Needs to have the Camshaft & Bearings reworked so the Camshaft won't wear out because of VW's faulty Design on the PD Engine in my car. That would be Great if VW Repaired their Faulty Mistakes.
If that happens to be what you are talking about, please let me know if you would.
Or I'll go ahead and get the Frank Camshaft Upgrade Kit and do the timing Belt / water Pump / Tensioner soon as I Possibly can.
Thanks, and if anyone lives in the Nashville Tennessee area, give me a Shout..:)

tooreal

TDI
2006 VW Jetta 1.9 TDI, 5-speed Manual, package 1, DOM 10/06. Tinted windows, Rear Spoiler, Reflex Silver
Thank you GoFaster, Just checking to see if anything had changed

Still Hoping that VW will step up Correct or Reimburse Buyers for Bad Design Flaws in All of their Automobiles. Bring back Trust & Brand Integrity Into VW again. They make Great TDI's!

hamilgs

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta & 2014 JSW 6MT
I just last week had the Gen 1 emissions fix done on my '14 JSW 6MT TDI, full tank of fuel now, will see what effect the mod had on fuel economy.