Blend door bushing no longer avaliable

andy351

TDI
2002 jetta wagon 5 speed
My blend door bushing finally went bad and I am finding that they are no longer being made. Does anyone have a source for any or have came up with a repair using the bad one? I was thinking about making a plastic block that would go under the 7mm screw and sit/glue under it to hold it up but haven't looked to see if it would work yet. the part number is 1H0819136 for the bushing
thanks for the help

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
find someone with a 3d printer and make one. If its not available you might be able to send away for it from UK vw dealership. I had the same issue with my O2A trans shift tower. there is a retaining bolt with a bearing in it to keep it in gear and that part DOES NOT EXIST unless i wait 2 months from UK dealership to get it for me

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
If someone had a CAD drawing of the part I would help you make it with the 3D printer at my work. No one at my work does CAD, we just use the printer to print stuff already out there.

andy351

TDI
2002 jetta wagon 5 speed
Yes that is the part, I found 3 places that say they still have stock so I placed the order and so far 2 of them refunded my payment because they didn't have any

andy351

TDI
2002 jetta wagon 5 speed
Has anyone tried to pull one out of a junk car? I wonder if the 2 clips would break off being they are meant to go in one way?

andy351

TDI
2002 jetta wagon 5 speed
So I finally found one! I got my local dealer to check in the computer so see if their were any in the country and guess what, many dealers still have a few. The problem is when you call to buy one they tell you they dont have any in stock and when you say that you saw one in the computer they come back and that is correct but they dont want to sell them! One parts guy finally said they could sell one to me for $10 or do a repair for a few hundred. Finally found one that had 5 and would sell me only one, I wanted two.
Thanks for the help all

phaser

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta PD - 490k
So I finally found one!
These pins are scarce as hens teeth.

Wish there was a way for you to take that pin and get it measured up or whatever is required for a 3D printer before you install it.

andy351

TDI
2002 jetta wagon 5 speed
After putting it in if I did the repair again I would get a plastic block of some kind like UHMW and cut it to the correct height and then just glue it under the bushing sitting on top of the lower duct to hold the bushing up riding on the 7mm screw.

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
i use a 3" long x 1" wide x 1/8" thick aluminum strip with a small hole drilled in one end ... it's bent in a way that supports the blend lever riding under the screw head, the drilled end attached via standard T20 interior screw to one of the unused bosses next to the blend door lever ... works great and i have used this method several times

phaser

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta PD - 490k
When/if I need one I think I will just try and whittle down some teflon rod.
Just take some teflon rod and cut to length so it will firmly fit between the bushing, and the hump, drill out the end to accept that 7mm screw head to stabilize it. Place under the bushing and your good to go.

Another fix that I read somewhere was to place a tiny dab of gel super glue (gel so it doesn't run) in the slot of the bushing where the air blend door engages. Hold in place until set and it should be a permanent fix.

Last edited:

need4speed

Veteran Member
Need to get a 3d model of this thing uploaded here:

https://www.thingiverse.com/search/page:32?q=volkswagen&sa=&dwh=5459e6c9b7b2dfd

I have a friend who runs a business out of his garage printing 3d parts with a printer in his garage. He takes orders from Amazon, then ships them out. Mostly gun accessories, but there are tons of people who would do custom car parts or whatever. This is a perfect application for this; but it's just a complex looking part.