West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - October 2017

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - October 14th, 2017

West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - Oct. 2017

Come enjoy the Fall Colors in West Michigan, while socializing and light wrenching on TDI's w/ good TDI folk!

Saturday, October 14th, 2017 - (5th Annual)
9am to 7pm

11877 Ritchie Ave NE, Cedar Springs, MI 49319

General Housekeeping Note:

When you arrive, PLEASE make an attempt to park in my property first, and not out on the road, we will save parking along the road as a last resort, if the site fills up.
I have opened up the backyard, so we have a parking "annex" now too.

The South drive into my property will be the entrance, while the North drive will be designated as the exit.
Thank-you,
Kirk

Different Option to the Fall GTG -

Feeler for whether or not anyone would like to have an Alloy Rim Refinisher at the GTG that day. I have a good guy in West MI that I've used, he is reasonable, can fix curbage, or bent rims and is willing to come in if the schedule works.
Please Indicate if you have real interest, I'll start a sign up list if there is interest.

Alloy Wheel Refinisher will be at the GTG - he can do about 8 rims that day, so it'll be first come, first serve.

1) Rocketeer928 - possible 4 rims
2) 251 - possible 4 rims
3) Mark Of Diesel - ??

We will have a good outdoor fire going all day long, some white bean chicken chili in the pot, some jalapeno swiss dogs on the grill,and some other light fixin's.

Bring your own beverages, and if you'd like to bring a dish or snack to share, feel free.

TUNE NOTE: - Jeff Robertson from Rocketchips has committed to this date, so let the TUNE sign ups begin.

1) Haris (TDIDIESEL02)- ALH - stage 2 (Cancelled)
2) Ted (tprtnt) - 02 ALH - RC 2-3 w/ egr and immob delete
3) Ted (tprtnt) - 99.5 - RC2 w/ egr and immob delete
4) Bruce (Paramedick) - BEW - RC1.5 w/ egr and immob delete
5) Matt (Whitewasp17) - ALH - RC2 to RC3 upgrade
6) Marty (May-39) - ALH - RC2
7) Steve (Technician) - ALH - RC2 w/ egr delete

8) (boostdcrx91) - BEW - tune?
9) (fungi131) - BEW added 1756 turbo - update tune
10) Jeremy (barelyscrapingby) - ALH RC2 upgrade to 3 or 3.5
11) Cody Robinson - ALH RC2 w/ egr and immob delete
12) DJ Vandenberg - ALH RC2 w/ egr and immob delete
13) "Warbird" - 99.5 ALH RC2 w/ egr and immob delete
14) "Rocketeet928" - 03 ALH - tweak RC5-ASV-euro tune
15) "DarrinGT" - ALH - RC2 w/ egr and immob delete - "Sarge" the Smythe Ute desert storm truck

16) Jay Rankin - ALH - RC2 w/ egr and immob delete

USED PARTS NOTE: I believe Chris Thompson (username CTTDI) will be here (as he was the last 4 years) with used Mk4 parts galore for sale, so put your used parts shopping list together. He is also starting to part MK5 and MK6 cars as well.

LODGING OPTIONS

http://www.americinn.com/hotels/mi/g...telCode=AAGRVL (about 12.5 miles east in Greenville)

http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-c...t5=1&nchild5=0 (about 9 miles south back towards Grand Rapids)

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...-rapids-north/ (about 12.5 miles south back towards Grand Rapids)

Looking forward to it again,

Kirk and Linda

Last edited:

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
I'll be there in 15 minutes!:D

InfoSec

Veteran Member
I should have no problems saving the date. I will probably make my smoky, bacony, campfire baked beans again. I think they went well with those awesome hot dogs you had last year, Kirk. Talk to you soon.

-Mike Bradford

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
I should have no problems saving the date. I will probably make my smoky, bacony, campfire baked beans again. I think they went well with those awesome hot dogs you had last year, Kirk. Talk to you soon.

-Mike Bradford
Thanks for the reminder Mike (on the dogs) I'd almost forgot about the Jalapeno and Swiss dogs, and YES your baked beans would go well with those dogs, THANKS!

Tdidiesel02

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf TDI
Kirk, this is Haris, I would really like to get a tune by Jeff if there is still space, it looks like there is. Do i need to prepay? How much does he usually charge for something like this

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Haris,

I'll put your name on the tune list. I'm assuming it's for an ALH engine, and assuming a stage 2 tune (for now)

Typically, I think that tune runs about $300.

Kirk

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
To those thinking about a tune, be sure to arrive EARLY. Tunes are first come, first serve and Jeff is VERY through. Jeff doesn't just slam the tune and and send you on your way.

tprtnt

TDI
99 Jetta 4dr, 02 Jetta Wagon doing auto to manual swap
Kirk, this is Ted. I will be there with my 02' Wagon for sure, my daughter and her 99.5' might also be there. Hoping to get a tune from Jeff on my 02' Wagon; this was the auto to manual conversion so it has an 11mm pump, stock turbo, 520PP nozzles, VR6 clutch, 2.5" downpipe, and EGR delete. Hoping to replace from downpipe back with 2.5" before gathering. Looking to have the EGR code deleted as well as the immobilizer.

For the 99.5, would like to at least do the EGR code delete and immobilizer. Hope to put a fresh set of injectors in before the gathering as well.

Let me know if you need anything sir.

unpimpZauto

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, Black
For the 99.5, would like to at least do the EGR code delete and immobilizer
IIRC, 99.5 is usually $350 and takes a bit longer because the ECU needs to come out (can't flash over OBDII like later years)

Ohh he can do immobilizer deletes too? How much does that cost? I would love to do that
typically, Jeff does the immo delete as part of the tune.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
99.5 needs a chip socket added. Jeff doesn't always do that at GTGs. Best you ask him first.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
This is the weekend after I get back from fall beach trip.

If the creek don't rise, I'd like to come this year. Depends on work schedule.

I'd like Jeff to do a RC 1.5 on my BEW w/ EGR and immo delete. Also gotta match some keys.

Bruce

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Looking forward to fall gtg in Mi. I will bring spare 99.5 ecu's already socketed and ready to install/exchange in 10 min.
Jeff

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Kirk, this is Ted. I will be there with my 02' Wagon for sure, my daughter and her 99.5' might also be there. Hoping to get a tune from Jeff on my 02' Wagon; this was the auto to manual conversion so it has an 11mm pump, stock turbo, 520PP nozzles, VR6 clutch, 2.5" downpipe, and EGR delete. Hoping to replace from downpipe back with 2.5" before gathering. Looking to have the EGR code deleted as well as the immobilizer.

For the 99.5, would like to at least do the EGR code delete and immobilizer. Hope to put a fresh set of injectors in before the gathering as well.

Let me know if you need anything sir.
Ted,

Added your name to the list - hopefully your two friends will chime in too.

Kirk

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
This is the weekend after I get back from fall beach trip.

If the creek don't rise, I'd like to come this year. Depends on work schedule.

I'd like Jeff to do a RC 1.5 on my BEW w/ EGR and immo delete. Also gotta match some keys.

Bruce
We'd love to have you there if you can make it Bruce! And I added your name to the tune list

Kirk

Last edited:

Whitewasp17

TDI
01 jetta TDI
Hey kirk it's Matt, I'll be there with the green machine and want to hopefully upgrade to a stage 3, I just asked Jeff if my setup will work good. So I'll let you know here shortly exactly what I need! You know of any 11mm injection pumps laying around? Want to hopefully install one at the meet! :)

May-39

Veteran Member
TDI
alh wagon
Kirk it's Martin, I will be there with Ted and my 03 wagon. factory manaual trans with the 10mm pump
Also looking for tune.
mods are downpipe, vr6 clutch/smf, OMI, T4 nozzles, race pipe.

PPS Can someone send me a link about this 99.5 ECU issue? We need a spare? I will go over it with Ted when we wrench this weekend. He doesn't get online much.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey kirk it's Matt, I'll be there with the green machine and want to hopefully upgrade to a stage 3, I just asked Jeff if my setup will work good. So I'll let you know here shortly exactly what I need! You know of any 11mm injection pumps laying around? Want to hopefully install one at the meet! :)
Matt,

Added you to the tune list, and no I don't know of any good used 11mm pumps , sorry.

Kirk

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Kirk it's Martin, I will be there with Ted and my 03 wagon. factory manaual trans with the 10mm pump
Also looking for tune.
mods are downpipe, vr6 clutch/smf, OMI, T4 nozzles, race pipe.

PPS Can someone send me a link about this 99.5 ECU issue? We need a spare? I will go over it with Ted when we wrench this weekend. He doesn't get online much.
Marty,

Added you to the tune list as well,

Kirk

Technician!

Veteran Member
TDI
None, currently
Kirk, I plan on being there as well, and put me on the list for a tune (hope to get rid of the EGR light!!) '03 Jetta wagon (chink head) 5spd

Steve (Airport shuttle)

Stinkyfingers

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Variant, '03, Made in Germany, silber, 486,000+ miles and still singing!
What's up?!
We have yet to hear from our resident snowplow pilot and orange pajama crew leader!
--JohnD

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Kirk, I plan on being there as well, and put me on the list for a tune (hope to get rid of the EGR light!!) '03 Jetta wagon (chink head) 5spd

Steve (Airport shuttle)
Steve,

It'll be good to have my shuttle driver there! I added your name to the tune list.

Kirk