37G2 DSG UPDATE TO ALL 09-12 CARS released today.

> Luke <

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2011 TDi DSG
Fm > MaxedTDI
This should help those with false neutrals.​
You are soooo on top of things. Thank you, for I follow-up with making an appointment for tomorrow afternoon, for the dealer to address this "DSG Software Update, as my car falls within the Vin # range/coverage.

maxedtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2 Door DSG
You are soooo on top of things. Thank you, for I follow-up with making an appointment for tomorrow afternoon, for the dealer to address this "DSG Software Update, as my car falls within the Vin # range/coverage.
Early feedback is that this upgrade WORKS!!

The folks that were successfully able to reproduce a false neutral can NO LONGER do so after this upgrade.

grnmtnjj

Veteran Member
TDI
Retired a 2000 Jetta with 241kmi. Now own a 2012 JSW in Toffee Brown.
So does this mean that if we bring our cars in for service at the dealer we should ask them to do this update and they should go ahead and do it, no questions asked?

maxedtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2 Door DSG
So does this mean that if we bring our cars in for service at the dealer we should ask them to do this update and they should go ahead and do it, no questions asked?
If your dealer is worth a damn they should pull up your vin every time you bring it in for service. They will then be prompted to do this update.

But to be sure... I would ask about it.

m32911s

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
Cool thanks for the info. I have my "90 day inspection" on Monday and asked them if there is a DSG update available. He said that he will check when the car is in the shop. I assume that my car does NOT already have this update? It is a 2012 delivered end of August...

maxedtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2 Door DSG
Cool thanks for the info. I have my "90 day inspection" on Monday and asked them if there is a DSG update available. He said that he will check when the car is in the shop. I assume that my car does NOT already have this update? It is a 2012 delivered end of August...
Why don't you look at your vin. The Vin range is clearly indicated. I think this affects all cars, as you can see it has "unsold" vehicles listed in there also.

Rob_MacCara

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q3 gasser
I'm happy my Golf Wagen falls into the VIN spread and hope this will "fix" my minor issues with the DSG.

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
None...2011 Golf DSG (replaced by VW W/) 2013 Passat SE 6M(bought back) Current 2017 sportwagen TSI 4Motion.
I think I'll wait to see how this update affects others performance before I do it ... I seem to have no problem with my dsg !!!

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
I see no 09s listed. Neither of my cars fall within the VIN range.
You may want to change the thread title.

TDiSkater

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG Salsa Red
A fix for tip issues. I don't use tip, so wonder if worth the Risk of VWs gold level service. I'll wait to see how others with daily driving issues respond to the patch.

rambalu80

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 VW JSW TDI DSG
My car has this false neutral issue and falls in the VIN range. However, I rarely use tiptronic and it is not worth the 100 mile round trip to get this update. Will wait until February when I take it in for my 12 month oil change.

Plus 3 Golfer

Veteran Member
TDI
Und tschüss! 2009 Jetta 12/23/2012
A fix for tip issues. I don't use tip, so wonder if worth the Risk of VWs gold level service. I'll wait to see how others with daily driving issues respond to the patch.
When I read the communication, DSG issues when "breaking [sic] and downshifting" applies to the operation in tiptronic mode.

The communication does not indicate that the DSG issues associated "while accelerating from a rolling stop" applies to the tiptronic mode. My guess is these issues can occur in normal "D" mode.

gumaku1

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Sportwagen TDI - DSG
it is not spelled breaking, it is braking!! where did you guys go to school? did you learn proper english?

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
When I read the communication, DSG issues when "breaking [sic] and downshifting" applies to the operation in tiptronic mode.

The communication does not indicate that the DSG issues associated "while accelerating from a rolling stop" applies to the tiptronic mode. My guess is these issues can occur in normal "D" mode.
correct me if i'm wrong, but is the DSG not operating ALWAYS, whether you're using tip or keeping it in D? therefore, shouldn't the update affect all of us, regardless of driving style?

i welcome the update if it soothes the occasional jerkiness between 1st and 2nd (particularly on cold engine)!

as for the inconvenience, why not just have them run it while they're doing the fuel line/dampener recall?

nhdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GLS NB TDI 5 Speed
it is not spelled breaking, it is braking!! where did you guys go to school? did you learn proper english?
In the proper English speaking countries they actually do spell it the way the memo does (look in on any UK or Aussie site and you will see), also as one of its definitions:

Break: (Engineering / Automotive Engineering) a variant spelling of brake1

Brake (br
k)n. Variant of break.

That aside, when I called the dealer today they said this update does not apply to my car even though it clearly is in the VIN range shown in the bulletin. I wonder if the VW "system database" hasn't been updated yet? It says something at the bottom of the memo about the code being visible in ElsaWeb on or about 11/9/11 but when I called today it wasn't showing up. Is it really supposed to apply to ALL cars in the VIN range?

I have an appointment on Monday for the 20K service anyway and they will double check then but as of today it isn't showing up.

Last edited:

IFRCFI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI Lux
Uh...it was misspelled in the official VW Dealership Communication in the OP's post. Read carefully....

Where did you go to school? Did you learn to capitalize the first word in a sentence?

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
Uh...it was misspelled in the official VW Dealership Communication in the OP's post. Read carefully....

Where did you go to school? Did you learn to capitalize the first word in a sentence?
why turn this into a grammar exam?! how is it helpful to derail the thread's focus like this?:mad:

if you are so smart (smarter than those of us who don't know how to use CAPS), why did you not also point out the error within the memo that reads: WHAT cars are affected, rather than WHICH?

thanks for stopping by, though!:p

nhdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GLS NB TDI 5 Speed
What's the point of posting here unless the threads can degenerate into personal attacks ;)

And I meant to use degenerate as a verb, not a noun.

Last edited:

TDI Stevestr

Veteran Member
TDI
Former 2011 Golf 4 Dr TDI DSG; Looking at the '17 Chevy Colorado
In any case, I have an '11 that does not seem to be included in the recall (based on VINs) so it is strange how they are including '12s.

I better get a freshly programmed one when my mechatronic comes in next week.

Marlyece

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI DSG
help with rough idling

my golf tdi has about 36K on it and recently i've been having an issue with false neutrals and rough idling (sporadic). i've actually stalled twice at a light (not due to bad fuel). think this will fix that issue too?

TDiSkater

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG Salsa Red
Thanks missed that it was two separate complaints being addressed.
Will be interesting to see feedback as some people get this done and bang out some miles. Sorry. Bad grammar doh!

Last edited:

PTH

TDI
2010 Golf TDI, DSG, Shark Blue, Build Date: 3/2010
It appears that many 2010 to 2012 vehicles are not included in this update. The VIN of my 2010 Golf TDI DSG ends in W343_ _ _ (well beyond the range posted for my model group). Perhaps I simply don't understand how the last six digits work.

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
bummer - mine is just beyond the VIN range as well... guess i'll have to learn to love the occasional jerkiness:(

dwfdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf & 2012 Golf wagon, 1998 GMC 6.5 with 310,000km
Wow just picked up my 2012 Golf Wagon last night and now I see another recall at least they had the fuel line dampers on it.

CHECKED OUT MY VIN # ON VW SITE AND IT SAYS NO RECALLS

Last edited: