2010 mk5 Jetta Gauges help?

_Diesel_Dan

TDI
2010 MK5
Hello all, i recently deleted my 2010 Cr with a malone stage 2 tune and rawtek exhaust. i would like to install a boost and EGT gauge. I have seen the kits from ID parts which are great, they have a white boost gauge to match my dash, but they only have a red and indigo egt gauge kit

My friends told me to go to auto meter, i've tried navigating their website but to be honest i have no experience with gauges. Could anyone share their set up? What kind of gauges did you go with? I would like to have backlit.
Please include any hardware i may need to buy with the gauges. Or if you have links to products that would be even better. Thanks!

crazyrunner33

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf(bought back)
When I had a 2010 Golf I just used the Torque app and the OBD bluetooth dongle. Your car should have no problems reading out the boost and multiple EGT gauges.

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
To be of any use the EGT probe needs to be installed pre-turbo... and your car already has one there (unless it got deleted).

If it's currently being used by the ECU you can't use it for an analogue gauge at the same time, but could use a ECU monitoring system like Scangauge or Torque on a phone to display what the ECU sees.

If it's there but not being used by the ECU you could probably re-use it as the sensor for an analogue gauge, as long as the type of thermister is compatible.. most are K-type.

If it's gone gone... you'll need to put it back. :)

You may not get many opinions here on the brand of analogue gauge to buy... most folks find it easier to hook up a Scangauge or Torque and monitor their hearts out. :)

_Diesel_Dan

TDI
2010 MK5
I was kind of hoping for just a plane Jane analog gauge set. It doesn't look like anyone makes that for these cars? I guess I'll call newsouth on the morning