2002 Golf GLS (Baby Blue)

zakarixnovotny

TDI
2001 Golf - 2009 Jetta
Figured I would start recording my work and progress with baby blue since I'm on these forums like everyday now! Lol
Here she is!

I bought it in 2015 from a guy in Virgina beach and it had 212k miles on it. Drove her through the summer then the timing belt snapped on me. Shows me for trusting a guy on his word I guess!
So my TB snaps and she sits for well over a year. Then I finally get the cash and the balls to spend it and bought a head/TB kit from Frank06 (Frank's heads/Frank's tdi) cause everybody says he's the best! I went ahead and bought the stage two cam and had him port out the head as well. Then I took baby blue down to East coast Wagenworks in Wilmington NC to get the work done cause I'm too afraid and in experienced to do it by myself lol.
And boom! She's back on the road! Inspected and legal!

Oh I might add I've replaced my vnt15 with a much newer vnt15 that I cleaned and put together myself thanks to tutorials on here and myturbodiesel. Plus the 80k mile vnt I got for a hefty discount thanks to my brother (fellow Tdi enthusiast)
So total work done as of right now:
- New ported head
- Stage 2 cam
- Ventectomy
- Tie rod ends (did them myself (first time ever))
And I guess that's about it? Seems like I've wrenched waaay more on this thing but that's about all the upgrades I can think of.

Last edited:

zakarixnovotny

TDI
2001 Golf - 2009 Jetta
Just threw my skid plate back on. I had to order new engine covers for the sides got 'em for cheap on rock auto.
Everything matched up pretty well just had to get some body panel screws and nuts.

Feel much better about having something under there rather than nothing. One day I'll buy a metal one.

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
very nice. surprised i haven't seen you around jacksonville, although quite frequently i'm not in one of my jettas during the week.

zakarixnovotny

TDI
2001 Golf - 2009 Jetta
Well maybe I'll see you around, I just threw a roof rack basket on top with an Id parts sticker. Give a honk and a wave if you see me!

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
I've been driving around more often in my 03 platinum gray jetta sedan until i can get the ac fixed in my 03 silver wagon (knurren) i've got tdiclub.com stickers on my back windshield (and on my suburban and jeep, lol)

i'll keep an eye out