driver seat adjustment

thruxton

I am continually putting the drivers seat, in my 2003 TDI wagon, in a very upright position, I have never reclined it.
Does it go to a default position when the vehicle is shut off?

Octavian

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 2.5TDI V6, Skoda Octavia 1.9TDI
If it's electric you have to store the setting after adjustment.

thruxton

It is manual and I don't understand how I can keep adjusting it forward. I've never adjusted it back, I'm the only driver and logic tells me, my face should be in the windshield by now.

Steve-o

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
This may sound kinda dumb, but are you just getting used to sitting more upright? I do the same kinda thing with my (manual) seat, constantly goosing it another "notch" higher -- I like sitting high. I don't think the seat is sinking, so I suspect I'm just getting used to one height before I opt for the next one.

Octavian

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 2.5TDI V6, Skoda Octavia 1.9TDI
thruxton said:
It is manual and I don't understand how I can keep adjusting it forward. I've never adjusted it back, I'm the only driver and logic tells me, my face should be in the windshield by now.

That is a different story. The seat is slowly reclining under your weight/strength, and that's why you have to keep readjusting it.

I used to be an oarsman (as in competition rowing) and can press over 100 times in excess of 100kgs (220lbs) on a recliner machine in the gym. I try not to show this off in the car, but still I have to adjust the seat every 2-3 days. In a previous car, a Civic, I had to adjust the seat 2-3 times per hour!