Trans code 17095

highmileage

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 passat bhw tdi (presently), 2001 jetta alh tdi (previously), 1998 jetta ahu tdi (previously)
2005 passat tdi automatic gmr transmission
190,000 miles, atf/filter change 5,000 miles ago, no mil light, no symptoms of transmission trouble - shifts, drives fine. Did a routine check up scan and got a transmission dtc of 17095, or P0711 - transmission fluid temp sensor circ range- erased code and drove again short distance and code did not return - longer trip tomorrow - will check again. Is this enough info to hazard a guess as to what I may be looking at? Thanks in advance. (From my reading so far either faulty wiring or a faulty sensor). Complicated fix? Common problem?Thx.

MEgearhead

Veteran Member
TDI
B5.5, 4L, 4G
The gearbox oil temperature sensor is part of the internal wiring harness. If you have to replace that it appears you have to remove the valve body since it appears to connect to both the top and bottom. If it returns, I'd check the wiring and connections first.

Should be a 0.5 white and yellow/red between the transmission and TCU. It's terminals 13 and 14 at the trans, and terminals 21 and 22 at the control unit under the passenger side carpet. The connector at the trans is bottom front right, under the torque converter. Maybe some of the gurus have seen this before.

highmileage

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 passat bhw tdi (presently), 2001 jetta alh tdi (previously), 1998 jetta ahu tdi (previously)
Thank you for your reply. Also have seen that a low ATF level can also throw code.