Is there a way to keep the AC off?

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI
I'm really starting to get sick of the AC turning itself on by itself. Is there a way to prevent this?

dwfdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf & 2012 Golf wagon, 1998 GMC 6.5 with 310,000km
Leave the AC temp control above the max air position it will not come on automatically then. It is a pain tho and not engineered very well. Hopefully a fix will come along where we get to control it.

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
what works for me is to have the dial on vent or floor. not just VW but all my cars the A/C operates anytime the selector is on defrost. not just full defrost but even just slightly over the floor selector to mix a little defrost. also keep the temp or fan dial off any auto setting. Its set up that way to help dry the air to keep window clear in winter and also so the compressor doesnt sit for 6 months not turning. Most cars it wont even tell you its running on a low setting. If your sitting still at idle you can hear the compressor cycle on as you move your selector dial to defrost from floor setting.

opticalmike

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta tdi highline nav
pull the fuse in the winter....it worked for me on my previous vehicle. Never had a problem with the a/c in the 10 years I had it.