INA: TDI product offerings -– billet CCV 1.9/2.0/2.5 TDI FLUIDAMPR & more

chapelhill

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Ibiza pd13- 2260vk Turbo etc.., Merc E280cdi
Hi.
What would the part number be for a european pd130 engine ASZ code front drive and which other engines would that model fit as this is quite a price for a relatively small function and price too?

What would be the symptoms and how to test for a worn oem vibration damper?

Background is 185k miles, last 70k on sachs single mass flywheel and clutch large injectors uprated cam with modified injector lobe and 2260 turbo. I have detected some extra vibration from the engine under light cruise conditions between 1750 and 2100 rpm over last 45k miles but it is difficult to tell with poor road surfaces and bilstein coilovers and I have tried all sorts to identify and fix.

brnsgrbr

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GOLF GTI converted to GTD
Even though my ALH, bored to 2.0, with IE rods and a Whitbread girdle was balanced, I also get a weird vibration. Probably do to the firing order and such. I hope more will be available later when I have more funds. I also want to hear results from the likes of NashTDI, and Old Poopie to see if there is a benefit. That said, I would instinctually lay down the cash now if I had it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Don't expect a report from me till after Labor Day.... My schedule is too crazy right now, and it hasn't even showed up yet.

INA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2.5 TDI
Price shipped? Will there be extras available or just enough for people on the list?
We are going to 40 pieces (twice the current demand based on the forum response). The good news is if says of those 40 pieces , 30 go to CR 2.0 specific customers then we will pressure Fluidampr to reconsider making a specific TDI pulley for certain platforms.

...I'm guessing this means we are still in the 'who wants one for what' stage?
or are you ready to start invoicing the list of subscribers?
Won't be invoicing until we have the units in our hands.
I have stated this privately and will state it publically again. For those of you who do not mind waiting , I urge you to do so as the Street Dampner unit will be cheaper to manufacture because it is not SFI certified.Quite a few of you have stepped up to the plate and opted to running a modified 1.8T unit instead of waiting which is fine but we are giving you that option.

The price is $414 USD with the machining + shipping.

Hi.
What would the part number be for a european pd130 engine ASZ code front drive and which other engines would that model fit as this is quite a price for a relatively small function and price too?
What would be the symptoms and how to test for a worn oem vibration damper.
We never got the ASZ code here so I can't confirm but if you can get the measurement from the first groove to the back of the crank pulley it would really help in figuring out what we got state side that is similar.
Don't expect a report from me till after Labor Day.... My schedule is too crazy right now, and it hasn't even showed up yet.
Let me know when it does. Excited to have another review!:D

jptbay

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle, 2006 Jetta Wagon
Put me down for an ALH Street Dampner, whenever they become available, please.

Lensdude_com

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 MK4 Jetta (ALH) "Betty" (sold), 2005 MK4 Jetta (BEW) "Stinky-Pete"
... what do you figure the price will be if Fluidampr can be pressured into manufacturing a TDI specific unit so machining wouldn't have to be done for final fitment?
The prices start under $300 for Fluidampr harmonic balancers...

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
... what do you figure the price will be if Fluidampr can be pressured into manufacturing a TDI specific unit so machining wouldn't have to be done for final fitment?
The prices start under $300 for Fluidampr harmonic balancers...
The MSRP for the Volkswagen/Audi line up are as follows:
551201 - 1.8T - 475.76
551211 - 2.0FSI - 475.76
551221 - VR6 - 490.85
As for January 1st 2014 , No Fluidampr product is to be advertised below Jobber and that is approx 15% off MSRP. Looking through the price list , only the Mitsubsihi units have a Jobber price under $300 , all the rest are way over it.
Pressuing Fluidampr into making a TDI specific unit won't happen for a very long time. We need to go through the 50 units first and gauge which application was the most common sold , provide that information to Fluidampr and see if THEY are interested in making a specific unit for that model.
Again , AFN / ALH / PD / CR all have different part #'s showing for the OEM pulleys with different dimensions.
We are still working with them on the 50 units as the price quoted and the work order price are way off considering no SFI certification. At this point we would like to just supply the 1.8T units modified until further response from Fluidampr.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
Aah so it does... Even with a few $$ extra for shipping my statement still stands..

Typically a machinist will charge a minimum of $40 for even touching something you bring in so even if it was $450 it's not a bad deal..

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
Well I've taken as many measurements as i can and it seems like the 1.8t fluidampr spaces the belt 2mm further out, as measured against both a BEW pulley and an ALH pulley. Initially I was going to machine the back plate of the fluidampr, but I think I'm going to attempt to space out the other accessories instead. I can order 2mm stainless shim washers from Mcmaster for cheap. 3 behind the tensioner, 3 behind the power steering pulley, 2 behind the alternator, 2 behind the ac compressor, and 1 behind the tensioner idler roller for you ALH guys.

Ordering from McMaster, one pack of 98089A441 and one pack of 98089A441 should do it. That way, if I decide I don't want it. I can always sell it to a 1.8T guy. I will be more work, but its only time after all!

vanbcguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'93 Passat - AHU mTDI with GTB1756VK
Most of the accessory pullies VW used are hub centric - the pulley is centered by the hub and the bolts just prevent it from twisting. Spacing the pulleys out is OK as long as the hub is still in contact, but beyond that you will be stressing the retaining bolts in ways they are not designed to support. 2mm might still be OK but just something to keep in mind.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
Most of the accessory pullies VW used are hub centric - the pulley is centered by the hub and the bolts just prevent it from twisting. Spacing the pulleys out is OK as long as the hub is still in contact, but beyond that you will be stressing the retaining bolts in ways they are not designed to support. 2mm might still be OK but just something to keep in mind.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
Yes, but the only pulley that gets spaced will be the power steering and it's hub is very deep so will align no problem. The other spacers will actually move the entire alternator, entire ac compressor, and entire serp tensioner, not just the pulley.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
When anyone with a 1Z/AHU/AFN is upgrading to a Fluidamper, I'd like your old stock piece, please. Thank you. Let's take it to PM to discuss $.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
When anyone with a 1Z/AHU/AFN is upgrading to a Fluidamper, I'd like your old stock piece, please. Thank you. Let's take it to PM to discuss $.
Not worth it to buy used ones, they fail left and right.... Classic 1z ahu cold start squeak.

madcowintucson

Veteran Member
TDI
golf
So, its exactly as I have stated all along in regards to making one specific for the tdi. If anyone still reads posts, I stated a long time ago I have been running the 1.8t unit for about 3 or 4 years now. I bought it from usp motorsports for about $379.00. it is a direct bolt on for ALH engines, all you need to do is space out the belt tensioner as i did. Take 3 of the exhaust heat shield spacers that go in between the exhaust nut and manifold, the are the perfect size and depth. i superglued mine to the tensioner just to make it easy on myself and bolted the tensioner on, done deal. Also, just to be on the safe side, I installed the ARP crank bolt i also bought from usp motorsports, it was about $50.00. i bought and installed the bolt because I already had about $3000 worth of damage when when the shop that did my timing belt job reused the stretch bolt and it came loose and walked off the crank at 11 degrees f at 2 am on ratone pass. not to happy there.

just buy it and be done with it if you have an ALH engine, all others I have no idea what the damper differences are.

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
What ever happened with these?
We are waiting for Fluidampr to run out of there production batch of the 1.8T/2.0 TFSI units before they can make changes to accommodate the TDI line up.
As stated above , if you want one ....just send over an email and you will be sorted in the time being.

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
Side track for a minute.
So this thread has drummed up interested in the 2.5 TDI crowd (AJT , etc).
Considering the diameter of the 2.5 TDI pulley , we are going to be trying a bolt on unit from Fluidampr.
I have also started working on a blog and an application specific system that will allow users to select there engine code and it should populate which unit you need.
HTH.

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
So this would reduce the noise I'm receiving with my SMF?
Depends on the SMF brand
Fidanza / other aluminum flywheels - found it reduces clatter but does not eliminate it.
On the heavier units (25lb+) flywheel clatter is almost no existent , you can hear it slightly when you are on an incline at a traffic light.

artie b

Veteran Member
TDI
97 B4 TDI stock, have owned and repaired 4 B4 TDI's since 1996
Hi and would the dampner help or hamper the job of the TTY crank bolt?
I had a 96 B4 1Z in about 1999, with 440,000 miles, stock dampner, loosen. At that time the loose dampner was unusual. I always thought an ARP stud and nut would be better. What part # is the stud, and does it fit a 1Z?
The space between my dampner pulley and crankshaft V belt pulley looks to be close to 10 mm. Why couldn't I take 10 mm from my crankshaft s v belt pulley, lathe out and reweld?
Thanks Artie

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
Hi and would the dampner help or hamper the job of the TTY crank bolt?
I had a 96 B4 1Z in about 1999, with 440,000 miles, stock dampner, loosen. At that time the loose dampner was unusual. I always thought an ARP stud and nut would be better. What part # is the stud, and does it fit a 1Z?
The space between my dampner pulley and crankshaft V belt pulley looks to be close to 10 mm. Why couldn't I take 10 mm from my crankshaft s v belt pulley, lathe out and reweld?
Thanks Artie
ARP only has a bolt for the 1Z motors not a stud + nut.
If you are looking to drive the v-belt then you need a hub adapter to do so and then space out the water pump and power steering pulley if you have A/C (as water pump runs on the v-belt not serpentine)

This is the 2.5 TDI unit we did for forum member Detlev.

Nickmix

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL TDI
The 2.5 TDI or 1.9 TDI?
2.5 TDI lead time is 3 weeks
1.9 TDI - can ship @ anytime if you are ok with a 1.8T unit.
I'm sorry, the 1.9 TDI unit. I thought you had to machine some off the end so the belts would line up correctly.

1963gp

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 golf TDI tech edition modified and converted to GTD, 2003TDI Jetta Smith p/u conversion, 1987 Syncro Westy TDI conversion, 1967 Westy TDI AHU. 1995 EuroCamper TDI Syncro, 2014 Cayanne Diesel TDI, 2004 V10 TDI Touareg.
I am running a 2012 golf common rail with big turbo Malone tune wave track and south bend stage 2 clutch. I track the car regularly and it is a daily driver the car is run hard and put up wet. I was having chronic failure of the carbon synchronizers in the 02q 6speed so much that my nick name at the the VW dealer parts dept is Syncro. I went back to the dual mass flywheel but while stopping the tranny destruction I could not run the car under 2400 rpm with out extreme flywheel shudder. Spoke with Matt Whitbread and installed a Fluid dampener. Tracked the car all day last Monday at New Jersey motor sports park and drove it to to and from the track. Ran the Thunderbolt track car was totally neutral on the track and hit 120 on the straights. Time now for bigger inter cooler and water methane injection to get the EGTs down. But back to the balancer first impression transmission rattle was reduced by 50 %. The shifts seem smoother. The 1.8t balancer is a direct fit only slight offset difference that does not affect the belt. I just shimmed the tensioner pulley slightly. The fluid balancer balances the harmonics of the engine over a broader rpm range unlike the TDI oem balancer which is limited in its dampening capabilities. I will be happy to report long term outcome. My initial recommendation is any solid flywheel conversion on a 6speed 02q trans should have one.

Last edited:

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
I'm sorry, the 1.9 TDI unit. I thought you had to machine some off the end so the belts would line up correctly.
We now actively stock 2 at all times that have been modified for ALH fitment.
I am running a 2012 golf common rail with big turbo Malone tune wave track and south bend stage 2 clutch. I track the car regularly and it is a daily driver the car is run hard and put up wet. I was having chronic failure of the carbon synchronizers in the 02q 6speed so much that my nick name at the the VW dealer parts dept is Syncro. I went back to the dual mass flywheel but while stopping the tranny destruction I could not run the car under 2400 rpm with out extreme flywheel shudder. Spoke with Matt Whitbread and installed a Fluid dampener. Tracked the car all day last Monday at New Jersey motor sports park and drove it to to and from the track. Ran the Thunderbolt track car was totally neutral on the track and hit 120 on the straights. Time now for bigger inter cooler and water methane injection to get the EGTs down. But back to the balancer first impression transmission rattle was reduced by 50 %. The shifts seem smoother. The 1.8t balancer is a direct fit only slight offset difference that does not affect the belt. I just shimmed the tensioner pulley slightly. The fluid balancer balances the harmonics of the engine over a broader rpm range unlike the TDI oem balancer which is limited in its dampening capabilities. I will be happy to report long term outcome. My initial recommendation is any solid flywheel conversion on a 6speed 02q trans should have one.
Thanks for the review!
I am going to work with Matt to get a set up made for the TDI Passat conversions he is doing so the A/C belt can remain under the exhaust manifold.