Shout out to Several TdiClub members!

Vw NewF

Veteran Member
TDI
Bagged And Big Turbo 04 PD, 04.:R32
Well I feel that it always is good too show respect and appreciation to others when it's due! So this is my way of showing it!

Short summary of the story for you guys..

As some members are aware I was going to Chicago this weekend too pick up parts. The plan was too leave at 12am Saturday morning when I got home from work, and we were going to take Eric's car aka Sinc too swap all the parts onto and bring them back.

When I received a text message from Eric around 3:30pm Friday afternoon with this pic!

So now the hunt was on to find him an inner cv boot for a 6 speed Drw axle before all the shops and dealerships closed before the weekend or the plan was a no go! No big deal right? Wrong!! Called numerous shops and vendors with no such luck! But one phone call to Brendan aka BrenDub at Bramgate Volkswagen led us to the only one in Ontario! But the parts were at Queensway Volkswagen and they were closing before any of us could get there! This is where one quick phone call to Jason aka Silver_Tdi really paid off! He was able to pick up the part on his way home from working in the city and delivered it too bramgate for pick up!

The part was then picked up and taken to Lukasportz where Lukaz stayed late as a favor for me and installed the axle boot too really seal the deal!

Now with the car repaired we were able to swap on a cracked and broken bumper which ended up being secured nicely with duck tape and zip ties.

Some of the handy work!

With everything loaded up and installed we were on the road around 2am!

We arrived in downtown Chicago at 11am with rotating drivers and a little bit of Raydee speed:D

Installed the bumper, loaded up the trunk and the side skirts, talked with Mr. Appleton for a bit and were back on the road home!

Bumper installed!

Just outside of London now and sitting in the dummy seat and couldn't be happier with the whole trip so far!

A big thanks has too go out to Jason aka silver Tdi for what you did! Brendan aka BrenDub for finding us the part! And a big thanks too Lukaz for taking time out of his evening plans to help me out! Honestly this weekend wouldn't of happened without you guys! So thanks!

Now this lead me too the main guy to thank... He volunteered his car for the weekend as a parts car to swap everything onto.. Put over 2000kms on his car... Wanted to do most of the driving.. And didn't even get a single part when he was down there except for a free GLI grille! He was really just along for the ride and wanting to help! Thank you Eric aka Sinc! Owe you big time for everything BUT! NOOO you ARNT keeping my Bora R bumper as payment!

Thanks again guys, this is proof that there is still alot of members on here willing too help!

On the last note Eric's car did manage a 1131km tank before the fuel light came on!

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
Great job guys. Sounds like one of my weekend VW missions!

So this is why you have been yapping about Bora :R's for the past while. :p Getting ready for H20i?

That bumper doesn't look like an OEM piece. You sure it is? :eek: :D

Next time you need anything from Queensway, drop me a line. I live nearby.

later,
Pete

sinc

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Yeah real good trip haha almost had a state side partout after just putting it on the car! Yellow water barrels = car written off! Thanks Ryan!

thevwkid53

Veteran Member
TDI
DAS SOOT
Yeah I didn't think you were ever going to run a aftermarket part. It almost looks OEM, so I guess it was worth it. hahaha

More proof that this club and group can pull together when needed to help others when they need it. It's good to hear these stories that prove people still care.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
glad to see there still is some good ppl on here thats for sure...Sinc car looks awesome man and sweet color

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
Ryan, you have the headlight washer kit for that bumper?

Was the bora :R AWD like the R32's? What does the rear bumper look like?

Ever hear of a mk4 golf 4dr R32? Heard they exist in some country, but never seen one.

Later,

Vw NewF

Veteran Member
TDI
Ryan, you have the headlight washer kit for that bumper?

Was the bora :R AWD like the R32's? What does the rear bumper look like?

Ever hear of a mk4 golf 4dr R32? Heard they exist in some country, but never seen one.

Later,
Nope I didnt get the headlight washers with the bumper pete but i did get the fog lights with 2 sets of bulbs and 3 different full sets of grilles too run with it:D

No the Bora R is a 1.8t 180HP version. here is some pics of it
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2348817-More-Chinese-FAW-VW-Bora-R-pics

yes ive head of the mk4 R32 4 door and i DOUBT any of us will ever see one inless you go to europe.. was only released over there sadly:mad:

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
I'll be ordering a headlight washer kit soon for my Euro :R bumper from TMT. Let's split the shipping costs and order 2.

Let me know,
Pete

Vw NewF

Veteran Member
TDI
I love these stories!
It was defiantly an adventure right from the start! And with everyone's help it made it easy to make the weekend a success!

And Eric if I would of hit the yellow water barrels I don't know who would of been more upset.. Me because of the bumper or you because of the right off:D

sinc

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Lol well I wouldn't of cared as much after what I did at the border! Glad that curbage is all fixed now! Anyone want some huffs with some curbage? Lol I have 2 spare now. :D

silverbeast

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 2 Dr GTI - Candy White
Lol well I wouldn't of cared as much after what I did at the border! Glad that curbage is all fixed now! Anyone want some huffs with some curbage? Lol I have 2 spare now. :D
how bad is the curbage??
can send me some detailed/up close pictures at 2000jettatdi@gmail.com

thx

Vw NewF

Veteran Member
TDI
well at that rate I should of hit it:D pfft...and who wants reps now a days:cool::D

sinc

Veteran Member
TDI
None
well at that rate I should of hit it:D pfft...and who wants reps now a days:cool::D
Yaya, I can get replacements in a day lol how longs the wait on a new airbag or ccw? ;) but if you wanna start talking reps and imperfections, I have the list from your car bro :D

Vw NewF

Veteran Member
TDI
Yaya, I can get replacements in a day lol how longs the wait on a new airbag or ccw? ;) but if you wanna start talking reps and imperfections, I have the list from your car bro :D
Haha won't take long to get an airbag when I steal yours next year:D won't have to replace a CCW because I don't drive into non movable objects;)

Please don't tell people about those! They might lose any respect they have left for me:D

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
Please don't tell people about those! They might lose any respect they have left for me:D
I lost some respect for you awhile back. Still waiting for the fuzzy dice to make an appearance to be ok with you again.

This Wednesday?

Later,

Vw NewF

Veteran Member
TDI
I lost some respect for you awhile back. Still waiting for the fuzzy dice to make an appearance to be ok with you again.

This Wednesday?

Later,
I think alot of people did pete;) now im just trying to save the respect that only a handful have for me:cool:

I dont come out to wednesday nights anymore pete cause I work 2:30-11PM mon-fri. If you guys are there after 11pm i will drop in sure:)

sinc

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Haha won't take long to get an airbag when I steal yours next year:D won't have to replace a CCW because I don't drive into non movable objects;)
Yellow barriers are semi non movable :D, but it's the moving objects that'll get you, like a 280kph smurf into your ccw ;)

silver_tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI PD

This Wednesday?

Later,
Hahaha the fuzzy dice where did they end up? whose car are they in now?
They have been
everywhere. Originally they were in my grandfathers cadillac deville. Got them for him as a present when he got it. last I heard they were in Ryans dad's car, that pimp;)

Last edited: