RCD-510 SD Card Options

Collin J

TDI
2013 Jetta TDi Reflex Silver Metallic 6MT
I have used plenty for SD cards before in cameras, however I was wondering if I needed/should go with a class 10 card or does that not matter for the radio? I was thinking a nice 32 GB card would do wonders in it. Didn't want to waste money on a class 10 if I didn't need one, or get a class 4 or 6 ad find out it was too slow.

Thanks in advance!

d2freeman

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
I have used plenty for SD cards before in cameras, however I was wondering if I needed/should go with a class 10 card or does that not matter for the radio? I was thinking a nice 32 GB card would do wonders in it. Didn't want to waste money on a class 10 if I didn't need one, or get a class 4 or 6 ad find out it was too slow.

Thanks in advance!
I just bought a 32GB class 10 from staples for $29, I have copied about 15 CD's to the card so far in .wav format and still have over 15GB left. This is the best feature of the radio, I probably won't bother using the CD changer.

DriverJon

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI, 6M
Hmmm... was wondering if this has a nyting to do with something I've noticed, which I was also wondering if anyone else noticed....

On my radio, when I play SD card stuff, the first second or two of each track is dropped out.
Anyone have this? I use a old card, wondered if a faster access one help...

Collin J

TDI
2013 Jetta TDi Reflex Silver Metallic 6MT
Yup, mine does this on when trying to play form the iPod connector in the glove box.... I thought it was just mine but after talking with a couple of friends... It should be fixed when I update my RCD-510 from AE to AF.... I have a pretty old iPod so I was hoping that wasn't the problem with mine or my radio....

Guess I will see on the 20th and let you know if it really is that firmware problem...