Rear caliper bracket bolts...

dvandentop

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
Good lord any tricks to getting these bastards out?? These damn things are seized in there even witb big ass air gun they wouldnt budge.

Also the top bolts are really difficult to get to. No lift here doing on jackstands.

Thanks

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=445938&highlight=tool

the ratcheting half inch breaker bar and a wobble extension did the trick for me.

There is not enough room for a non-ratcheting handle to just move the socket. (triple-square only lets you choose angles that are 360/12 degrees apart. that is 30degrees)

( I also used a short scrap of wood as a bumper to let me just pull on the handle where there was not a convenient suspension part. I may have also used my foot once the socket, extensions and such were fully engaged and stable)

Last edited:

Auslndr

TDI
2012 Golf TDI, 2009 Golf Variant TDI
To get to the upper bolt, I put the jack stand under the suspension and loaded the suspension enough to get it out of the way of the bolt. I could then get to it with a short extension piece.

dvandentop

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
Thanks for both the info guys will prob try again was damn surprised even my 750ft lb air gun
Wouldn't budge it.

Need one of those coil induction heaters to put on the bolts

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
An impact wrench will not get them. You will need a LONGGGGGG breaker bar with at ratchet adapter. Lots of torque needed.
If you can get a hammer wrench on it it might get it, but the triple square will be hard to keep engages while you hit it and it is difficult to ger clearance if on jack stands. Perhaps easier on a lift.