Do Not Go To Keene VW (NH) For Repairs...

Rx_Stress

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Silver
…..at least don't if you know the service manager is going to be there. This is a second hand story from my mother so I don't know all the details just the basics.

So I left for AZ and my mother was trying to sell the TDI
and we had MAF issues so she made an appointment with Keene VW (I think it's Dean Hill VW). She made the appointment over the phone with a young man named Jamie who by the way has been VERY helpful in the past and is very knowledgeable about TDIs. He's plugged in the VAGCOM in the TDI for free before. So anyways she made an appointment for Monday morning at 10 AM after her 12 hour night shift, which meant she had to wait at the dealership for two hours. (She doesn't know what a bed is) Jamie had told her over the phone that the diesel mechanic (the only one at this dealership) would be taking a look at it. So after she had waited two hours they checked out the car and the service manager told her that the car would need to be worked on and my mother said well isn't that what I made my appointment for and the service manager said no the person who had made the appointment hadn't put her down for service. What the hell this means I don't know all I know is she then had to make an appointment at 1pm and had to wait a few more hours. Remember my mother hasn't gotten sleep in the last 30 or so hours.

Finally the appointment comes around and my mom notices that it's not the diesel mechanic checking it out it's the kid she usually sees sweeping the floors. She asked the service manager why the diesel mechanic wasn't looking at it and was barked at with something like "All our mechanics can work on ANY cars". My mother explained that she had been told the diesel mechanic was going to be looking at it. The service manager said that she couldn't believe her because it wasn't written down. So thrown off by her attitude my mother sat down. Some time later the service manager came to her and said, "Your turbo is bad". My mother explained to her that it had just been replaced. The service manager said, "Well bring it back to who you got it from". My mother explained that it had been done in AZ and the service manager followed by something close to "tough cookies". So they continued to search for the problem as my mother assured them that the turbo was fine (which it was).

The service manager came back later and told her (exact words from my mother) "We have no idea what is wrong with it you're going to have to bring it back to have the diesel mechanic check it out and he's booked until September". This whole time the service manager was giving her the worst attitude and even the people waiting around were shaking their heads.

So THEN they charged her $100 and at this point my mother is in tears. Not because of the money but because of the stress of no sleep and this woman yelling at her. My mother asked her to lay off and the service manager just yelled more. The service manager asked if she wanted to make an appointment and my mother told her no I want my goddamn car back and I'm never coming here again.

So $100 and a ridiculous amount of stress just to find out that the diesel mechanic needed to look at it.

Take this story as you will, but I figured I should at least give my warning

Oh and by the way she brought it to Concord VW and within 30 minutes they figured out the problem (the receiving end of the MAF had shorted somewhere) and said they could work on it right then but my mom needed to go home so they gave her a free rental car. AND were very very nice to her

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Well these are stories that really hurt. A PM to a TDI member could have saved lots of stress. I was not too far away and I do carry Vag-Com in the CAR. I have been known to travel in snow storms to assist TDIers. Use the forums to their fullest extent you might be surprised that there is help out there even for tired Mom's. Some dealers have NO clue Patrick is the most recent ask DeeBee.

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
Send your post to VWoA. Sounds to me like the Service (and I question using that word) Manager should be fired...or punched*. And your mom should be refunded.

* not written by Scott

DeeBee

Veteran Member
TDI
Ex 99.5 Golf (Blue), Ex 96 Passats (Blue & Grey), Ex 97 Passat(Green)
Sad to read about your misfortune at the hands of a Stealership. Your story exemplifies my utter disdain towards VW stealerships. I am still recovering from my horrific experience at Patrick VW. I can assure you that were it not for this club and the abundance of tireless members willing to help those in need... I would probably not be driving a VW. But then I really like the cars. I just HATE the stealers!

I wish you well in your pursuit of an amicable and hopefully satisfactory resolution to your predicament.