Ho5G GTG First of the year 2020 (will this be the last one?)

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Once again we are hosting the very first GTG of the new year on New Year's Day, 1/1/2020!
Festivities will start @ 9am-ish and go to 10pm-ish on 1-1-2020.
HO5G rules apply remember if you feel the need to fill the town's coffers with your hard earned cash do so at your own risk by driving DUI or speeding. The chief of police lives 3 doors up from the HO5G and he will be glad to accept your contributions.
A few notes about our GTG format:
#1 – ALL newbie’s:
By newbie’s I mean all of you that we don’t know. Just because you've been here doesn't necessarily mean we know you! You need to ‘check in’ with us and get a name tag. This is our home and we would like to know who’s here!
#2 – Food & beverages: It's not fair to expect the same people to provide the bulk of the food!
Bring items we all share. We provide propane and grill.
#3 – Work
Garage space as always is first come, first served there is a lift list. Big jobs need to be cleared by us first. As always – NO timing belts unless done by a pre-approved (i.e. mrchill, HermTDI) or a veteran approved club member. Those arrangements MUST be made in advance with us & the person doing the work.
Bring the TOOLS and FLUIDS that you'll need for the job! We have a brake bleeder and oil extractor available. Bring containers for your fluids! (We have a relatively shallow well for water so fluid spills are unacceptable.)
ALL WORK IS TO BE COMPLETED BY 10pm
We enjoy opening our home and warm garages to you...all we ask for is a little courtesy and respect in return. As our sign says: BE NICE OR GO AWAY!
Now back to our regularly scheduled GTG - bring your tools, to do lists and a little something to share food/drinkwise!
Bring food, bring drink, bring tools and bring good weather!
The garage will be warm and the lift ready - clear all lift jobs w/ PeterV!
Hope to see you there (I mean here!)
PeterV & Hamsterdiesel
PS - Stay tuned to this post #1 for updated info!

Garage space: Lift #1 Asterisk Passat shocks.
Bay : tdidieselbobny. Door Lock.

Last edited:

alext91

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6MT Pano (Sold), 2015 Golf S 4DR 6MT (Sold), 1999.5 Jetta TDI Tornado Red (Sold)
Awesome! I'm local (Seacoast NH) and hoping that I can stop by to meet some local TDI people. I don't plan to do any work but am willing to bring some beers and come say hi if that's ok!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Looking forward to the annual pilgrimage to the House of Five Garages! We'll be bringing the Tesla with Haru, our Shiba Inu.

We still have a few TDI maintenance and performance parts in our collection. I'll see if we can get a list together for anyone who might be interested in buying something. We don't have any TDIs, so it would be great if these parts can find a good home. Stay tuned!

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Might be the last one... no Winterfest Detroit auto show this year....

hmmm... pondering.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Not sure if I'm working day after New Years yet, schedule not posted yet. If I could, I'd probably bring the '03...if I did, would anyone want to tear apart my drivers door and fix that switch or whatever that causes doors to lock by themselves after unlocking and not have door light/overhead light when opening drivers door?

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
I will be there!

luke8603

TDI
2002 jetta
May have to come up and meet you guys and see if anyone can help figure out my stupid injection pump issues

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
N1DAS & Lisa --> IN. It's been a while since Lisa and I have been to the Ho5G.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Plans are falling into place, so it looks like we'll be there! Let's hope there's not a blizzard on the horizon... Will there be a food thread so we can figure out what to bring?

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
I still have some MKIV parts available that I can bring up with me. Check HERE and let me know. I'll be bringing the BBS wheels up for Powder Hound to check out, so they might be sold.

Nutsnbolts

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2000 Jetta, Silver Arrow
Christi and I are IN!!! Plan is that we will be flipping 600,000 miles on the silver bullet as we roll in the driveway...PeterV, if you are up for it we would love to have you in the car too, but I know you will have guests to attend to...:D

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Rich I will be ready. This will be a super vent.

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
I am looking at flights: I want to win the biggest carbon footprint award!

Edit: Done!

Last edited:

Mcgink

Veteran Member
TDI
I-Red,"The Passat formerly known as Harlequin" 97 B4, a non VW GTDI too
I am looking at flights: I want to win the biggest carbon footprint award!
Edit: Done!
There's flights from Boston to NH? :eek::D
Our plan is Florida for the holidays BUT.... R's mom is in failing health and he's in route to Brazil to hopefully see her again before her passing.
If needed , I'll be flying there from Florida. It totally sucks to loose your parents but unfortunately it's just part of life.

Last edited:

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
The NH airport would be Manchester. You'd probably save yourself an hour. 15 minutes of drive time, and 45 minutes of congestion getting through Logan, out the parking lots, and general congestion around Boston. (But you already know this, don't you?)

Cheers!

PH

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
I will be unable to make it due to driving back from PEI on that day, but my dad (W386) will be bringing his new 2012 Sportwagon TDI to the event. He said he would love it if people could share their tweaks with a Vag-Com to make it better. I have a Vag-Com, but don't know anything about the platform. He's been there many times with me in the past so he'll fit right in and knows the routine.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
I’ll do my best to be there! Family ob’s, but I should be free later in the day…

Merry Christmas, and let’s click in the new year @ HO5G everybody!

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
A reminder that I still have some MKIV parts available that I can bring up with me. Check HERE.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Turns out that Powder Hound isn't taking the BBS wheels after all. Anyone else up that way interested, or do I put them back in the garage overhead for the time being?