1stVWparts: $1326.75
KefferVWparts: $1087.50

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Wow.

That is below Vw dealer cost.

I'm not saying they won't honor that price, But I bet that is a pricing error that has not been caught.

Some places do a percentage off of list price, while some do a percentage above cost.

The flaw with doing a percentage off list is that big dollar items (such as that turbo) have such a small mark up that a 20% discount can take the selling price below cost.

I prefer to do a small mark up from cost that way I never have to tell a customer "I'm sorry I can't sell it to you at that price, but here's what I can do....)

You wouldn't like to see a price of $xxx.xx and have them say "Oh, it is actually $x,xxx.xx"

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Just wanted to mention that as of today, we are officially accepting Paypal as a form of payment.

We had a hiccup getting it set up, but we are now running on all 4 cylinders...

Last edited:

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
$108 exchange (Plus tax since you are in Ca)

If you want to keep your core (or return the core later) there is a $12.00 core charge.

And of course they are good in stock.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
CR TDI 40k kits - $107.34 if your car uses the two hole fuel filter or $105.00 if your car uses the one hole fuel filter.

Includes Genuine Air Filter, Cabin Filter, Fuel Filter, Oil Filter, 5 Liters of Castrol SLX Professional LL03 507.00 oil

Last edited:

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Always there to catch a slip up.

Ha ha ha, Thanks for the correction.

It really is a hard habit to break since I have been used to quarts all my life. I know they come in liters. Of course, it is also the only castrol oil we have that does....

I have corrected my post.

Maybe I should say 5.25 quarts. That would throw some people for a loop. Ha ha ha

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Robert, you guys really should be selling the PROPER oil for the PD diesels. It is Castrol Edge turbo diesel, it is a 5w40, and its part number is G-052-167-M2 (for the 1 Liter bottle). You can get this through VOA parts.

That SLX is a 5w30, and it eats cams.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Thank you very much for the heads up. I will look into it immediately.

Edit: I have done all the research I need to. It is available from Vw, It is 505.01 approved, and it is a better oil than the 5w-30.

I will be replacing the SLX with this.

I am sure I speak on behalf of my customers when I say "Thank you VERY much".

Last edited:

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'97 B4 w/ 236K mi body, 46K mi soul
Another thumbs up for Robert. Never had anything bad to say about his service and he's a good guy too. For everyone who's local, you should take a look. His prices can commonly beat 1stvwparts.com and it's usually faster to pick it up than to ship it out from them anyhow :)

drsven

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6-Speed
Robert,

What would the out-the-door price be for a key (key, remote, cut and programmed). I have a 2006 Jetta TDI and I travel for work which is near your dealership.

Thanks!

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
The top half of the key (the flip portion) would be $50 + tax

The remote would be $63 + tax

The programming is $110

So total out the door would be about $235.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Another thumbs up for Robert. Never had anything bad to say about his service and he's a good guy too. For everyone who's local, you should take a look. His prices can commonly beat 1stvwparts.com and it's usually faster to pick it up than to ship it out from them anyhow :)
Another positive experience with Robert---very good prices, great service and quick shipping.
Thanks for the kind words guys. I am just glad that I can help the community.

Ultra Tweaker

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Robert, thanks for the cooling parts. This is Brian from Hemet, great to meet you and get a good local deal on parts. I hope this can be a model for other dealers to supply parts to consumers. I was quoted $120 from another local dealer for the same parts I got from you for $58. I recomend doing business with this dealer and Robert he's great to deal with and very knowledgable.

Last edited:

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Brian...

It was a pleasure to meet you today. Thanks for the kind words and I am glad that I was able to help. Hopefully the thermostat and ECT will get you back at operating temp with no CEL.

=^)

Golf3D

TDI
2000 Golf 2dr 5spd
Just ordered a fairly significant interior piece from Riverside today for my Golf TDI. Even shipping this bulky item from CA to FL, they saved me more than 30% compared to my local VW dealer!

pvapollo

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 New Beetlesold, 98 Jetta AHU, 96 Dodge Cummins 5.9 TDI
Ok everyone, I just bought a New Beerle with 1 key. I called several dealers and I chose Riverside VW. I won't say who but one was a few dollars more and another wanted a lot more and "125 for reprogramming". I said another dealer didn't require the programming and asked if it was necessary. "Yeah if you want it to work." I wanted it to work but didn't want to get soaked. Next thing I am at the RiversideVW parts and no line, a friendly Manager type guy and a young lady. He asked her to cut the key and in the time it took me to enjoy a free fountain soda (many flavors available) and stroll quickly thru the showroom my key was ready. I hadn't paid yet and they handed me the key. No "where's the reciept attitude' like I would walk out. What I did get was a positive experience and a friendly wave goodbye from both employees. Cashier was very nice also. I know we are trained to hate the dealer but I couldn't, no matter how hard I tried. Now to see the TDI club discount I can't wait for another trip there. No BS, and I'm not a shill. Thanks to an understanding dealer, see you soon! Scott

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Scott,

I am glad you were satisfied with our service, and I thank you for your kind review. I am work hard make sure the customer leaves satisfied. It really is an uphill battle considering how much distrust is associated with a dealership.

I would also like to thank OilHammer for pointing out the better oil for the PD engines. I now stock the Castrol Edge Turbo Diesel 5W-40.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
With any luck...

As a matter of fact, I just had a PD come into the shop today and the tech asked "Why are we using the gold bottle for an 06?"

At which point I explained it's not the CR gold bottle, the differences of the effect of oil on the cam, and showed him the 505.01 cert and he was happy.

I also said it meets the 505.00 cert so we will be using it in the ALH as well since it is a diesel specific oil where as the regular Castrol Edge 5W-40 is not.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Anyone who is planning on going to Wuste can take advantage of free delivery to the event.

Upon Checkout, use Wuste Delivery as the preferred shipping method and I will pack everyones orders into my car and bring them with me for no charge.

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
Robert,
Thanks a LOT for going the extra mile!

For others: My local parts contact gave me the wrong PN for the fuel filter housing. Robert had the correct early filter housing in stock, and had a tech pull the lid off to verify it was the 2-hole housing, even to the point of sending me a picture of the top of the filter element with the 4-circle seal!

FYI...the 2 hole housing PN: 1K0127400F

Thanks Robert!

Tony

Last edited:

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Tony,

I'm just glad that I could help.

We were fortunate to have had the F housing in stock so I could verify it for you. If we had not had it in stock, I would have ordered the K as ETKA suggested and you would have received the wrong part.

I think it was fate that brought you to me. Ha ha ha.

Thanks for the kind review and you should recieve the part tomorrow. I will take it to the local Fed Ex office today.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Glad I could help.

Only 4 more days until I depart for Wüste. If anyone wants to take advantage of my free delivery to the event in Las Vegas, you need to submit orders by Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.