2012 Jetta Sportwagon oil changes

familyman831

TDI
2012 JSW
Can someone direct me to the thread concerning oil changes on a 2012 Sportwagon.
Just wnat to see if it is different from an oil change on a gas car. And want to see what the difference in price is. If any. And if i can do it myself. Like i do with my other vehicles.

Roshermoore

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW DSG sunroof
Carefree Maintenance

Can someone direct me to the thread concerning oil changes on a 2012 Sportwagon.
Just wnat to see if it is different from an oil change on a gas car. And want to see what the difference in price is. If any. And if i can do it myself. Like i do with my other vehicles.
Not really responsive to your question, but you are aware that the first three oil changes (10K interval) are free and included in the three year Carefree Maintenance program.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
You can do a search for the procedure, it'll be the same on a 2009 up to your 2012.

Plan on $8.99/L and needing 4.5L, plus another $8-$10 for a filter.

So $55 for software. Dealers will charge $75-$100 if not more as they will claim you'll need your door locks lubed and undercoat inspeted at the 10K intervals.

Tiger74

TDI
2011 sportwagon
The oil change can be done at home, the filter is located on the top side of the engine, I recommed a suction pump to remove the oil from the fill tube, since there are about 32 fasteners on the splash guard. The oil is the biggest issue, as there is a new spec, you can order it 507.00 spec. All that being said look at the sticky fuel and lubricants.

fastalan

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagon
I just drive my TDI onto a heavy duty ramp. The oil drain plug faces rearward so in this orientation (front on the ramp, rear on the ground), almost every drop of oil will come out by gravity.