Software update

Big Poppa Pump

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Beetle TDI
I'm taking my 2013 Beetle TDI in for its 20k maintenance this Friday. They are doing the recall inspection and a software update. I know about the trailing arms recall but does anyone know what the software update is all about?

skramer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE 6MT
I'm taking my 2013 Beetle TDI in for its 20k maintenance this Friday. They are doing the recall inspection and a software update. I know about the trailing arms recall but does anyone know what the software update is all about?
My letter stated emissions related

DouginNC

TDI
2013 Beetle Convertible
I had the ECM Software update performed today along with the 20,000 maintenance on my 2013 Beetle TDI. This is the Emissions Service Action 2306 (my letter came in April 2015). It appears to have helped my MPG, but a longer trip this weekend will confirm. I've been getting about 44 MPG, but on the 50 mile trip back from the dealer I got close to 47 MPG on a combination of Interstate 65+ MPH, rural hwy 55 MPH and a couple of miles of in town driving. Time will tell if the MPG was really effected by the update.

Big Poppa Pump

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Beetle TDI
Yes Doug, my mileage has improved since the reflash. I have the DSG transmission and was averaging about 37 mile to the gallon. I'm now averaging about 39 mpg. This is according to the vehicles on board computer display.