A6 TDi prestige won't start

radunegru

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
First cold morning on the north east and my A6 TDI won't start. It cranks vigorously but does not start. What should I look at first ?
Definitely is not a battery Issue. Also glow plug light is flashing and check engine light is on.

viper550

TDI
14 JSW 6M, 15 Q5 TDI S-Line
Call Audi roadside assistance and get car towed to closest dealership. Sounds like a fuel issue to me. The entire fuel system is covered under the Extended emissions warranty, as is the engine, valvetrain, and entire emissions system.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
I call gelled fuel. And by the way, gelled fuel won't be covered under any warranty. You shouldn't have gelled fuel at these temps, but could. How old is the fuel in the tank? Maybe from earlier in the year and not blended with enough additives.

If you can do without the car I'd wait a day for this cold snap to end and try it again before getting it towed.

We had a similar situation with our Treg a couple years ago. All the dealer did was park it in a heated garage for a few hours.

radunegru

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
Thanks all for the advice , had it towed to dealership at my cost. Waiting for their verdict.
Isn't TDI's supposed to get free roadside assistance as part of the TDI extended warranty ?
I got charged $92 for a 3rd party roadside assistance ( called by Audi USA) the tow truck driver idiot cranked the car until the battery almost died - tried to stop him - but no luck-
it seems to like he almost wanted to destroy it --i am so pissed !!!!

viper550

TDI
14 JSW 6M, 15 Q5 TDI S-Line
Thanks all for the advice , had it towed to dealership at my cost. Waiting for their verdict.
Isn't TDI's supposed to get free roadside assistance as part of the TDI extended warranty ?
I got charged $92 for a 3rd party roadside assistance ( called by Audi USA) the tow truck driver idiot cranked the car until the battery almost died - tried to stop him - but no luck-
it seems to like he almost wanted to destroy it --i am so pissed !!!!
When I called Audi roadside the first thing they did was check the vin to make sure of coverage, and then proceeded with the process of getting towed.
If they try to push back with saying that you shouldn't have tried to restart it. Go after the towing company.

My Q5 is still at the dealer for the HPFP for almost the past week. They found more parts that have to be replaced when taking other stuff apart or else the dealer gets charged for the repair.

Last edited:

radunegru

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
update - apparently the knock sensor wire harness was chewed a rodent - almost $700 repair bill 3 hours to replace a wire in the harness
As per service advisory, harness is made out of biodegradable plant based insulation - ridiculous