Heartbreak! Hallmark: All TDIs are delayed until summer '08

michigandon

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 A3
frugality said:
Sorry, but only ULSD is available at the pumps. If it's true that there's old diesel left over, it'd been dyed and is being used for farm, construction, and other off-road equipment.
At my one regular fueling stop that does have an off-road diesel pump, even it is labled as dispensing ULSD.

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Nope. Only 80% penetration is required right now.

January 2010 is when we'll have 100% ULSD penetration.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
bhtooefr said:

"Uh, huhuhuhhu....you said 'penetration'...uhuuhuhu"

lbhskier37

Veteran Member
TDI
none yet (2008 soon)
bhtooefr said:

80% is required but reality is probably like 99% right now. Anywhere you see people with 2007 or 2008 model diesels fueling up it has to be ULSD. ULSD is not the reason for delay. If ULSD was the only reason they could have had 2007 model diesels like every other diesel producing company.

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
I've still seen a few stations selling LSD. Not many, but a few.

And, do you really think people look at the stickers on the pumps?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
bhtooefr said:
And, do you really think people look at the stickers on the pumps?
Judging by the almost weekly occurance of a Lexus being towed in at the dealer full of diesel fuel, I'd say not. :p

wait4TDIPD

Veteran Member
TDI
96 B4
oilhammer said:
Judging by the almost weekly occurance of a Lexus being towed in at the dealer full of diesel fuel, I'd say not. :p
See, it's all about perception and image - they go for the GREEN filler nozzle, maybe they want to make a big Prius out of their Lexus.

DamselDiver

TDI
2005 TDI New Jetta 2009 JSW
DamselDiver said:
My crystal ball reveals many many issues with the new "Clean Diesel" technology. I want to mod my jetta with bigger nozzles, chip mapping, and maybe even a turbo upgrade. I don't think that would be possible with the new bluetech cars.
Safe Motoring
Cheryl
VW made a liar of me. I got an 09 sportwagen with 2.0l TDI. It's a clean diesel that doesn't use urea liquid so I felt comfortable upgrading. I think the common rail injection and high tech exhaust is a great way to clean up emissions without having to worry about some magic liquid. I'm real happy with my new car and hope it lasts at least a decade before I need to replace it.
The jury is still out on bluetec or adblue, I still think it will take several years before all the kinks will be worked out with some of these clean technologies. Hybrid and electric especially will need about a decade to mature before I would consider buying one of those vehicles. The battery technology and replacement cost scare the hell out of me.
Cheers
Cheryl

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Ummm the very same could be said for the 2.0 CRD and the fuel delivery system. They haven't proven to be bullit proof as TDIs of days past. Take a peak over at the Mk5 Forum, it'll open your eyes.

Hope you put many good miles on your JSW!