Limp Mode; HELP!!

golf.angers

Veteran Member
TDI
golf
i know there is lots of threads out there that explains you how to deal with limp mode but it seems like i tried everything and it still happens to me :(. I have a 2002 Golf tdi (alh) motor/turbo has only 50000km (rebuilt) and i keep having on issues with over boost / limp mode. i just changed the n75 valve and all vacuum lines. car sounds much better and accelerates much better too. However right after changing the lines and the n75 i went on the highway, was in 4th and passed 3000rpm and boom limp mode. i don't get it. i saw that my vacuum line from the vacuum pump to the brake booster was finished will be changing that soon but would that cause limp mode ? I also have a injector seal leaking i don't think that would cause it would it ? Turbo is basicly can't really believe that the acurator would be jamming. Is there anything else that could be causing this ? thanks

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
If the vac hose going to the booster is bad it can cause issues, and it doesn't sound like you checked the actuator, if it has a leaking diaphragm and won't hold vacuum then that can be the cause also. Change the large vac hose going to the booster and see what that does ( if it's leaking pretty bad you should have a somewhat hard to push brake pedal ). You also need to get a vacuum gun to test the actuator.