www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old Today, 08:43   #6526
71Cuda

Default Still waiting for my money

There is no end to the frustration with VW and their buyback program. I returned by 2010 GSW on the 25th of Sept. As I missed my original appointment date they said I would receive my check by mail within 7-15 days. Well it's been 20 days and all I've received is $14.00. Anyone else had to wait for a check and how long did it take?
71Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:49   #6527
ecode
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Mk6 Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Cuda View Post
There is no end to the frustration with VW and their buyback program. I returned by 2010 GSW on the 25th of Sept. As I missed my original appointment date they said I would receive my check by mail within 7-15 days. Well it's been 20 days and all I've received is $14.00. Anyone else had to wait for a check and how long did it take?
Lawyer up.

But seriously.... you just left your car at the dealer without a check? You 'sold' it to them without getting paid?

If anything like that happens at my buyback, I'm hopping in the car and driving it home. no way would I leave a $27,000 asset in their hands without getting remuneration.
ecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:50   #6528
ecode
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Mk6 Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
I just re-read the Emissions Warranty document for Canadians.

Interestingly, the clause about "conflicts being resolved in favor of the consumer" isn't present in the Canadian language.

It's a minor thing that likely won't amount to much. Unless it does.
It's almost like it's two completely different countries with different consumer protection laws and consumer rights...

Weird eh?
ecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:59   #6529
The Tortoise
Veteran Member

The implication being that said wording isn't required in Canada?

Or they are more able to screw over the consumer?
The Tortoise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:24   #6530
porkupine

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
The implication being that said wording isn't required in Canada?

Or they are more able to screw over the consumer?
IANAL, however in a court of law, any uncertainty in a contract generally favors the party who did not write it.

Having said that, how many people are going to take VW Canada to court, especially when you're having issues at the dealership level? Clarity would have been worth far more at that point obviously, and your later guess is almost certainly the correct one.
porkupine is online now   Reply With Quote