RNS510 NAV back-Up Camera

securityguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sedan
Does anyone know if and how you can add a back-up camera to an RNS510 NAV system? I can only imagine that it can be done since a back-up cam exists on a "CC" and I doubt the 510 is any different. What is involved and has anyone done this?

Thanks!

NYCTDI

TDI
2010 TDI DSG
Back-Up cam

I have a 2010 with dsg and nav. I asked dealer about this and was told that they don't do it. I looked online and found a company that does it. Sent him picture of the system and gave model #. he told me they would have to modify the unit and would cost $900. That's a non-starter. There are some companies that offer a new rearview mirror that will show the image. It seems rediculous that you can't just wire it to play thorugh the nav screen. If you hear anything else, please update post.

Thanks

glitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Tdi asv motor in a mk3 golf, om642 in a wk jeep
Bieng that this a can bus based system and the tiquan and the golf use the same head units I am sure its possible.
Without taking away from our members this would probably be a good thing for the vortex crowd...
I am willing to bet any money that there are European golf wagons running around with rear back up camera's... they have been using that since the mark IV..
Also it will depend on the head radio... I get confused.. rns 310-510 etc...

Last edited: