2011 Golf tdi rough idle, stall, multiple episodes

garbazio

TDI
MK6 Golf
-intermittent rough idle on start up, with tough crank that needs extra second or two, normal is near instant

-car will rough idle, with room needle jumps maybe 150 rpms

-it will sound rough, with "spurting"

-sometimes i am able to drive away no problem, 2 times I've had it stall while in 1st/2nd gear, it wouldn't go past a low rpm, I'm not sure what it was but it was definitely lower than 1500

-turning over after the stall, it kept the same symptoms. Waited a few minutes, and drove, still rough.

-some drives are completely fine, others aren't

-65k miles, no mods done, just minor vcds_locator ones that don't affect the engine or performance

-vcds fault codes reveal nothing while car is off and on

-I fill up with diesel stations that have high use, never had problems before. Although the pump at one was much slower than usual

-no accidents ,no work done under the hood other than Normal maintenence

-i did a quick inspection of immediately visible vacuum lines. Nothing out of the ordinary but I did a quick check and I'm not a pro

-I had one episode around the start of the symptoms, which have only been in the past thousand miles or so, where I was at a stop sign, and I had stepped on the gas a little harder than normal, and my car paused for a second and then all of a sudden it just floored it. Never happened before or again. There was some white looking smoke from the exhaust for a second too

-that's about it. Never changed glow plugs or maf or o2

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Sounds like condensation build up...
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=302863

Could also be a bad batch of fuel. Whatever it is it sounds like water is making its way into the cylinders (white smoke sure sounds like water getting into the cylinders).

Also when was the last time the fuel filter was changed?

garbazio

TDI
MK6 Golf
Sounds like condensation build up...
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=302863

Could also be a bad batch of fuel. Whatever it is it sounds like water is making its way into the cylinders (white smoke sure sounds like water getting into the cylinders).

Also when was the last time the fuel filter was changed?
I just changed it myself about 2-3k miles ago. Standard method. Since the start of the symptoms, I did stop putting in power service....

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
I just changed it myself about 2-3k miles ago. Standard method. Since the start of the symptoms, I did stop putting in power service....
As I said...