Side Window Deflectors (WeatherTech)

Tabou

TDI
2010 Golf Wagon Highline - 6MT
Hi,
any of you have installed these ? Does it make a difference ? Pictures available ? thanks.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
I've got similar ones from another company and love them especially as I smoke but don't like being rained on lol.

lrpavlo

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Sportwagen DSG, 02 NB Auto
I put them on my 2009 Sportwagen....being in FL with no hole in the roof I figured they'd be nice for leaving the windows cracked a bit. I waited the whole summer to get them, install was easy but even after 3 months I can't use the auto up feature as the window hits and automatically lowers.
Trying to get the window down just the right amount is a royal pain....but they do work nice for keeping the rain out and allowing a little air to circulate.
Hard to keep from spotting, I have to rinse the car every time I put the kayaks on the car after paddling in Salt water....in the hot sun...the water just spots on them like crazy!

Overall for the amount of $$ I guess I'm a little dissapointed in them...

Pillow

TDI
2010 MK VI JSW TDI
I love mine, I got "smoke" color. Made in Germany FWIW!

One had an auto-pinch issue, but it settled in after it seated for a couple weeks.

Well worth the $, quality product and company support. I generally put these on all my cars.

Pics:

PlaneJob

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI
no matter how many legitimate uses there are for these (2 maybe?) I always assume the car was smoked in, and thus I will never purchase a car that has them.

Smokers' cars, like the A$$holes mentioned above, stink.

Pillow

TDI
2010 MK VI JSW TDI
FWIW I do not smoke. Nor allow anyone to smoke in my car.

Uses:
- Keep windows cracked in parking lots so the car is not boiling lava hot when entering it.
- A good way to allow fresh air in while driving without a monsterous wind vortex.
- The rears slightly cracked allow better flow of air from the front vents and allow a "flow thru" effect. Perfect for spring and fall mild weather.
- A way to get fresh air on a rainy day without a snit ton of water falling in the car.
- Just a good way to keep water out of the car in general whenever you need to put the window down on a rainy day (tolls, guard gates, angry policemen, etc.)

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
I respect your decision to not smoke Pillow.:D

Inpravlo, Does your deflectors have the little metal clips for securing them? If so I've read about the auto up feature not working properly on some of the cars over here but they've been cured with minor adjustments. You should contact the company because I think they should be able to sort your problem.:)

lrpavlo

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Sportwagen DSG, 02 NB Auto
No metal clips on mine. Rears were held in with glue....they seem to work fine although the glue did not hold on one after to days in the hot garage!

I used the fronts yesterday while I had the windshield replaced.....They both worked!

ScottSutcliffe

TDI
2014 TDI Wagon
WeatherTech

I have a set on my Sportwagen and they work well, especially like them when leaving the car with the windows cracked open in the rain. Also great if you're a birder and want your windows cracked to use binoculars.

piney

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW-TDI/DSG
- Keep windows cracked in parking lots so the car is not boiling lava hot when entering it.
I used to have them on a car, am a non-smoker but liked being able to leave the windows cracked an inch to keep it cooler inside. Went to go to work one day and, I'm not kidding, a 14 inch, bright green Cuban Anole was on driver's side window.:eek: Couldn't believe it and also couldn't help but wonder if one of his friends had crawled into the car ahead of him.

It looked like this and wouldn't move:

dpg

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI, 2010 JSW - retired
those actually don't look bad. much smaller profile than ive seen in yrs past

mkemnitz

TDI
2010 JSW
Great product, have them installed on our JSW and Element. Non-smokers, but we like being able to have the windows cracked in the rain, and not coming back to a boiling hot interior during the summer. No metal clips, no problems with auto-up.

The Weathertech brand seems to have a closer fit than most competitors. Compared to some others I've seen on friends cars, mine protrude much less, and blend in pretty well with a dark tint (35/15 on candy white).

They also make some kickass floormats!

- Matt

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
yeah, I'm almost wishing my monster mats wear a hole faster as I want a set of the digital fits.

CMB430

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
They are well worth the money. I put them on all my cars. I had an issue with the pinch protection when I put them on...the windows would always go back down. So one day I took them out and got out my little rotary tool. I used a sanding drum and took just a bit off of the tops where it goes into the trip. I cleaned them and reinstalled. I have had zero issues since. It is especially nice to have in the winter when the heat is up to keep the ice off the windshield...you don't roast out or get too tired because the heat can escape while you stay nice and dry...I would never have a vehicle with out them. Just my stance.

dhectorg

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI w/ Tech Package
I love mine, I got "smoke" color. Made in Germany FWIW!

One had an auto-pinch issue, but it settled in after it seated for a couple weeks.

Well worth the $, quality product and company support. I generally put these on all my cars.

Pics:

I've been looking for a set of these for my new 2012 TDI... I install rain guards on all of my vehicles because I prefer fresh air to air conditioning. The ventilation also helps prevent window fogging when it's raining. I definitely like the look of these... just ordered a set.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
I want some for my '09, so would one of you wonderful fellows (south of the border) be willing for me to ship them to your house and then send them on via US Postal Service? It's either that or pick some up on my next cross-border shopping trip (to get some good US craft beer). I have no idea why they're 40% more expensive here. THERE IS NO GOOD REASON!

tomsyco

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 White Golf 2 Door
Anyone have these installed with tint also? Do they sit in the window seal? Just don't want the extra stress from that shoved in the seal to cause the tint to get caught and peel down.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

TDiSkater

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG Salsa Red
Anyone have these installed with tint also? Do they sit in the window seal? Just don't want the extra stress from that shoved in the seal to cause the tint to get caught and peel down.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
They sit outside, so no issue. Only contacts window from non tinted side.

TDiSkater

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG Salsa Red
I want some for my '09, so would one of you wonderful fellows (south of the border) be willing for me to ship them to your house and then send them on via US Postal Service? It's either that or pick some up on my next cross-border shopping trip (to get some good US craft beer). I have no idea why they're 40% more expensive here. THERE IS NO GOOD REASON!
If still need a US address pm me

19Tango

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI. A real 6spd for real men.
no matter how many legitimate uses there are for these (2 maybe?) I always assume the car was smoked in, and thus I will never purchase a car that has them.

Smokers' cars, like the A$$holes mentioned above, stink.
Well thanks for that input there, Blowjob.

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Got a front & rear set with my $500 dealer hush money. Rears went in with little hassle and fit to a satisfactory level... The fronts however did not. I left the windows up for 24hrs just to be safe and the 1st time I rolled the windows down all seemed fine & well but the 1nd time the fronts came off. Going to take them off and try again after watching the Weathertech installation video.

Rob_MacCara

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q3 gasser
That's bringing an old thread up! I've been wanting some for a long time - we get a lot of drizzle/light rain on the coast and they would be very handy. I may spend some of my dealer money on them, too.
What was the Canadian price?
I'd never heard the smoker comment before regarding window vents. It wouldn't have occurred to me to assume that cause a car had them, it would have been a smoker's car.

Throwback7r

Veteran Member
TDI
JSW
The fronts install weird they don't go under the chrome trim on the lower part of the window.