Dsg difficulty selecting reverse sometimes

radoroc

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf
Over the past few years it has been hard to select reverse at times. It feels like a lot of resistance and if you force it, it "clunks". I have to very slowly move the shifter down to not make it clunk. When it's normal it goes into reverse easily.

Anyone had this I ssue before?

dmarsingill

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Sportwagen Turned in , 2000 Z3 Coupe, 2003 Ford Expedition
If it has been doing it for a few years, why didn't you have it fixed under warranty?

Donald

radoroc

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf
If it has been doing it for a few years, why didn't you have it fixed under warranty?

Donald
I have learned to live with it by carefully selecting reverse when it acts up and my car is modified so I dont want those clowns touching my car.

I'm looking for possible causes or anyone that has experienced that before, yes it is a dsg.

autoxerwgn

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW TDI DSG, 2006 TDI (Sold)
The first step to isolate the issue is to disconnect the linkage where it attaches to the transmission and then move both by themselves. That way you can see if it's the cable/shifter, or the trans itself.

ZippyNH

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA TDI SE
As $$$ as the dsg trannys are....I would have asked them to fix it under warranty, and just refused ecu updates, or other "courtesy inspections".
Good luck.