CR power options 2.0TDI 170HP

power4ever

TDI
CFGB Passat R36
Hi Guys.

I got a vw engine, with code CFGB. Its a 170hp 2.0 TDI from year 2013.

I talked to some tuners (Kerma, Darkside, Xman, Nanco) about the options to raise the power.

For now its the turbo (GTB2260VK) and intercooler (S3). (all installed)

I asked about nozzles, but the told me that there are not reliable ones at this moment. They fail under pressure. Some testing the rail pump.

Any one of you got tips about the pump?
or other options.
reaching 300HP would be SUPER ;-)

looking forward to your replies

gr Jim

Last edited:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
2micron has a great cp3 hpfp kit that can provide more fueling than the stock pump.

shortysclimbin

Veteran Member
TDI
Kubvan, mk2 golf, mk6 golf
This (CP3) or get a used pump setup including injectors, sensors, fuel rail and lines from a CP4.2 off the compound 2.0l CR that is in the vans in EU. Power's I'd do that personally as you can hold a much higher 2500bar fuel rail pressure and reduce smoke / egts.

power4ever

TDI
CFGB Passat R36
Maybe stupid quastion. What does cp stand for. My Englisch is not Top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GetMore

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat TDI, 2010 Jetta Sportwagen
Probably Common rail Pump.
CP3, CP4.1, CP4.2 are different models/designs of High Pressure Fuel Pump.

power4ever

TDI
CFGB Passat R36
Ok and can someone explain me wich one belongs to wich model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xjay1337

Veteran Member
TDI
Scirocco CR170.
This (CP3) or get a used pump setup including injectors, sensors, fuel rail and lines from a CP4.2 off the compound 2.0l CR that is in the vans in EU. Power's I'd do that personally as you can hold a much higher 2500bar fuel rail pressure and reduce smoke / egts.
This is pointless. You will need a lot more bits to make it work. I have a CP3 kit that my tuner Bobby made and it's brill.

CP3 come off various cars and models but only a few will actually work (you can't just get any old CP3)

As for injectors no-one is really sure what the limit for IQ is...

Last edited:

xjay1337

Veteran Member
TDI
Scirocco CR170.
No idea.

Believe engine limits are roughly the same as 2.0 BKD... around 350bhp on stock internals.

BKD rods will fit.

Problem is no-one is sure what max Injector IQ... you can request 200mg iq but doesn't mean that is what's flowing...

I think without headwork (ported cylinder head) if you get past 250 with any amount of modification you are lucky. I know that is next on my list.

Safe 250 is possible on 2260 but you may run into rail pressure problems... Cp3 is enough fuel for any BHP but whether injectors and cylinder head can flow...

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
the passat bitdi pump you posted is probably ok for 350+hp for sure
for much less you can buy any used CP4.2 pump from VW 2.7-3.0 tdi all years, 100-300 euro/piece
bolts on pretty easy , just a 10mm spacer and you're done.
weld the fitting on the rail for the second fuel line from the pump and get a decent tuner.
all get to 280-285, getting past this step means they really have to know their stuff ;) and from what i see there are 2 , maybe 3 people able to do so till now