Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dfhridenh

TDI
01 Golf gls TDI
ok guys i need help now so i replaced my stock injectors on my 01 golf tdi with 520 .205 injector tips so i installed them and it took a wile to get them part and together seeing how i had to run to my fathers to use a good vise anyways i got back after getting the nozzles in and i in stalled them with new copper o rings and cleaned the seats i installed and then installed the fuel lines and bleed them out but car still will not start when i am done cranking i see a crap ton of bubbles in the clear inlet line going to the pump i tryed bleeding out the lines again and still nothing anyone got any ideas on what to do my battery is now almost dead so thats on the charger
HELP PLEASE
thanks
Drew

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Make sure you prime the pump fully. Use a mityvac on the small return line barb on the pump and clamp off the large rubber hose between the filter and pump. Once you get all the air out of the pump, crack loose the injector lines on top of injectors. Crank till fuel SPRAYS out. Tighten everything up and it should start.

dfhridenh

TDI
01 Golf gls TDI
ok so the barb on the pump and the return line on fuel filter then suck the crap out of it then bleed out the car should start up ok i will give it a go i need this car to commute

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
Good. use a clear tube and apply vac to the pump till you get no bubbles coming out

dfhridenh

TDI
01 Golf gls TDI
so i am bleeding this pump out more and im going to leave it under about -10 psi for a wile see what that does now should i just unplug the line and put back on the return quickly or should i not rush it and just re install the line also if this does not work should i take 2 of the injectors out install my old nozzles and try to start again and if it does start wait for the others to settle in if they do? and then go back and take the other 2 out and put the new ones back in is that a option i dont want to say its the nozzles but i have never had this many problems with a diesel and bleeding air and getting it to run again

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
Just do what I already said.
Bleed all air out of pump.
Reconnect small return line to barb.
loosen all 4 nuts on injector lines at injector 1 full turn.
Crank engine till fuel sprays out (should spray 10" or so up, a dribble is not enough)
Tighten injector nuts
Start engine.

Also, use punctuation.

dfhridenh

TDI
01 Golf gls TDI
so bleed the pump out for about a hour cracked all 4 lines car sputtered for a split second then nothing. tried to restart and car just turns over with no spitting or sputtering no smoke no nothing im getting pissed off. i guess next step is to re crack the fuel lines and crank for more fuel i guess

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
Bleeding the pump (even if completely dry, should take no more than 5 minutes.

flee

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS wagon
I hate to say it but maybe the nozzles are NG or your technique was flawed.
If you are getting a good squirt out of the injector lines and then tightening, it should fire.

brian_e

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Silver Jetta
Agreed--drivbywire has a nice write-up here somewhere. Where are your nozzles from? Hopefully not ebay.....

dfhridenh

TDI
01 Golf gls TDI
i reinstalled the old nozzles with the same thought but still has not fired i guess i will get the wife in the car hold the clutch and crank wile i tighten the nuts down again

dfhridenh

TDI
01 Golf gls TDI
nozzles are from a company out of Florida but i reinstalled old ones just to try to get the thing to fire again

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
There, I fixed it for you... :D
Ha ha ha ha ha! :)

Was the pump timing messed with? Are you sure the injection pump harness Is plugged in? 3rd injector plugged in?

Did you install the nozzles on the injector bodies yourself?

dfhridenh

TDI
01 Golf gls TDI
i did the work its not the first tdi that i has done the same thing to this is however the first time were i can not get the car started. the only harness i touched was the 3rd injector i am getting fuel to the injectors but no start.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
If you are getting fuel to the injectors, and the timing is correct, and compression is good, it should run. Is it smoking out the tailpipe?

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
Then despite what you say, if there is no smoke fuel is NOT getting to the injectors

dfhridenh

TDI
01 Golf gls TDI
then tell me y there is fuel all over the place and when i have the lines cracked i have fuel pissing out of them

dfhridenh

TDI
01 Golf gls TDI
i noticed i still have air bubbles in my clear fuel line i changed my fuel filter but maybe i need to change the clamps on everything to try to stop air from going in also should i zip tie my return lines to help with posible air

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
Had this happen to a friend, he swapped nozzles and it wouldn't start. I bled, changed the fuel filter, getting fuel out of the lines, nothing. Took the injectors off and pop tested them, they didn't pop, they just went blah.

Put some good testers in, fired right up.

This is why you change injectors in pairs, :cool: