Tuner thinks something is wrong after trying 3.5 tune

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Are you a millennial? You seem to have trouble accepting responsibility for your mistakes. Anyhow, good luck.

PGM jetta

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta BEW
So keep makin counter productive posts.

You, nor anybody else can prove I messed up. Im not say that I didn't but unless any of you want to pay for the nearly grand in gaskets and seals without any proof there is something mechanically wrong with my car, y'all can cram it.

If you dont have more suggestions to diagnose and pinpoint the problem, shoo.
Is your car operating properly? No.

Is it the tune? No.

That means that something is mechanically wrong and being that you just got done doing mechanical work on it, there's a 99% chance that you either screwed up the work or used a faulty part(s)

Bite the bullet and take your car to someone that can pinpoint the exact problem and fix it

MÄDDNESSS

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sport Wagon
Are you a millennial? You seem to have trouble accepting responsibility for your mistakes. Anyhow, good luck.
"We dont know why or how but its your fault so take responsibility."

Keep on keepin on with your useless posts.

Is your car operating properly? No.

Is it the tune? No.

That means that something is mechanically wrong and being that you just got done doing mechanical work on it, there's a 99% chance that you either screwed up the work or used a faulty part(s)

Bite the bullet and take your car to someone that can pinpoint the exact problem and fix it
You know how them OEM parts can be so faulty.
Right, so just quit. Theres some solid advice.

I've never had to waste money and take any of my cars to a "professional" and Im not going to start now. Ive got more tools pertent for the cars I own than Andrew does and all of the shops local to me. Couple that with the information at my fingertips, I have zero need for a "professional" to steal my money.

Last edited:

waltzconmigo

Veteran Member
TDI
none
maddness---i have a feeling that with your attitude you are very shortly going to be on your own, without any input from the membership here.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
He doesn't need or want a 4 bar map sensor, he wants a car that works correctly. The map sensor isn't going to fix his problem.

I really don't know why you would think I need to save face? He has a car with a physical problem that needs to be found and fixed.

The kid is a delusional or pathological liar... quote from a few pages back.

@Richard55....how many times has Madness asked if you wanted to smoke a bowl of weed with him?
The way you worded it with "insufficient" which by the way means "not having or providing enough of what is needed : not sufficient" made it sound like he needed a higher capacity sensor.

Also on the saving face issue... You are a vendor going pretty low with name calling and saying the guy does drugs?! Weather or not it's true should not be a place ANY vendor should go. You're not only making the OP look bad but in a way you're making yourself look worse by going down that road.

Also Madness, please take some advice here and try to find a TDI guru that knows their stuff locally to try to get it resolved. It seems like a lot is going on with your engine and a shade tree DIYer or forum members can only go but so far :(

Last edited:

MÄDDNESSS

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sport Wagon
maddness---i have a feeling that with your attitude you are very shortly going to be on your own, without any input from the membership here.
Between every test being suggested that says my car is ok and more people suggesting I waste the money and take it to a professional, me being up against a big name, this being turned a very David vs Goliath debate, what does it matter if members chime in or not? Anybody who does side with me even in the slightest, gets attcked by AARODRIGUEZ and will also be discredited hes such a huge parts person on here.
Im not being unappreciative or facetious but you're making a moot point.
There is 1 shop in town that I would consider going to because its who I send people to, with petrol engines, when I dont feel like doin the work. However, if they suspect the cams, they'll be renting the tool from me.

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
The way you worded it with "insufficient" which by the way means "not having or providing enough of what is needed : not sufficient" made it sound like he needed a higher capacity sensor.

Also on the saving face issue... You are a vendor going pretty low with name calling and saying the guy does drugs?! Weather or not it's true should not be a place ANY vendor should go. You're not only making the OP look bad but in a way you're making yourself look worse by going down that road.

Also Madness, please take some advice here and try to find a TDI guru that knows their stuff locally to try to get it resolved. It seems like a lot is going on with your engine and a shade tree DIYer or forum members can only go but so far :(
Wise advice to all. This thread is over the top on several levels.

Last edited:

MÄDDNESSS

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sport Wagon
He didnt start throwing the drug thing out on this thread but I think we all know he started in 1 way or another. Most likely PM or Email with JFettig as he was the 1st to bring it up.

It turns out that everything under that hood needs to be in question - especially the cams and the work. If you'd lay off the weed, maybe this thing would have been put together half ways correctly.

PGM jetta

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta BEW
"We dont know why or how but its your fault so take responsibility."

Keep on keepin on with your useless posts.

You know how them OEM parts can be so faulty.
Right, so just quit. Theres some solid advice.

I've never had to waste money and take any of my cars to a "professional" and Im not going to start now. Ive got more tools pertent for the cars I own than Andrew does and all of the shops local to me. Couple that with the information at my fingertips, I have zero need for a "professional" to steal my money.
OEM parts can have their faults. That's why they have warranties. It's always a possibility.

You've never taken your car to a "professional" and look where you're at...

Good luck.

MÄDDNESSS

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sport Wagon
OEM parts can have their faults. That's why they have warranties. It's always a possibility.

You've never taken your car to a "professional" and look where you're at...

Good luck.
He was implying I was use subpar parts. OEM gaskets are not subpar.

This is the 1st time Ive had such a difficult time resolving an issue. If Andrew never came onto my thread, it wouldn't have turned into the ***** fest that it did. This thread and my situation is far worse now because he commented on my thread, nothing positive has come from him here.

YukonLT

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6MT
I still don't know why you had to do a turbo actuator adaptation. When I installed my CR170, I didn't have to do anything like that...and I have never heard of anyone else doing it either. Not saying you did something wrong, I just don't know why it had to be done.

MÄDDNESSS

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sport Wagon
I dont fully understand it but I had read somewhere that the ECU has some sort of travel memory pertaining to the actuator.

MÄDDNESSS

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sport Wagon
I did find a tiny tiny boost leak in the race pipe (EGR valve delete) at the tap for a boost gauge. Its got a plug but I didnt apply any kind of sealant.

Fixed the leak and its no better.

Jasengine

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Golf GTD DSG 200bhp CBBB
It looks like I have the same under boost / request not met as my setup. Although my engine is the PPD140 BKP, which is the Siemens ecu. I have a 1752 hybrid, darkside hard pipe kit and egr delete pipe fitted. I have this same slow boost response to requested.

As you can see, requested boost is not met. This must be a mechanical control issue. This was a test tune with higher boost and fuelling changes to try and alleviate the lag, but to no avail. I loaded the stock tune and the same requested boost lag was present.
I dont see how adjusting the actuator would solve the issue, as its a delay in the control. It must be to do with the n75 / solenoid valve box.