New to me golf build

ike182000

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 golf
Guess I start off with a little back history. I had an 05 golf that had quit a few mods that got totaled out. Bought it back from insurance and have been stripping it of all my aftermarket parts and getting new parts for what was damaged.
[/url][/IMG]

I new have an 04 golf with only 53000 on it, but it’s an auto. Good thing the wrecked car was manual.

[/url][/IMG]

Installed so far are my gti big brakes with esc 2 piece rotors, darkside development intake and intercooler kit, afe airbox

On my list still is colt stage 2 cam, 1043 injectors, full 5 speed swap including wiring harnesses and computer with my stage 3 south bends daily clutch, tip pipe, and 3” exhaust, arp head studs too

On my old car I’ve ran a few Turbo setups. Stock, vnt17, and s7 but wanted something different this time so I went with a gtd1752vrk. Turbo was purchased from gottuned.com I went with them because it seemed to be the most straight forward installs. Here is the link of the turbo
https://gottuned.com/product/gtd175...m-converted-and-welded-onto-stock-1-9-2-0tdi/

[/url][/IMG]

I’ll try and add more pics as I do work

Last edited:

ike182000

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 golf
Finally getting around to doing another update on the build.

Decided to beef up the transmission before going in and had the south bends serviced from the old car before install too

Even though the car only had 53000 on it I decided to do a timing belt kit when I was in it doing the head studs, cam and injectors.

New Turbo and intake have been installed at this time too

Engine bay all back togeather now.

Quick pic of how it’s sitting now.
With the gottuned gtd1752vrk and the malone stage 5 tune the cars really come alive, Turbo spools quick with the ball bearings and makes lots of power. but the stage 5 was short lived because one of the 1043 injectors went bad. So for now I’m back to stock injectors and a stage 4 tune.
Now I’m Trying to decide if I should stick with the 1043 or do something different.