How to remove central console

deadlyaztec

TDI
2015 Passat
Hello I been trying to trying to find a video or pictures on how to remove the center console on a
2015 tdi. I been searching for a few days and I haven’t found anything. I’m planning to run some usb cables to the glove box for my new stereo.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
I know the cup holders pop out. As well as the rear vents. This exposes some bolts.
The trim that runs across the glovebox, radio and behind the steering wheel has to come off to remove the glove box.
Few bolts and under the steering wheel and glovebox as well.

That’s all I know.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Take the seats out. That makes it much easier to access the little plugs on each side that cover the screws. There is another screw on each side in the footwell area. That gets the side pieces off, then the rest comes back up and out.

You have to pop the front trim piece up and off first, the one that goes around the shifter and parking brake lever, as well as the rear vent.

Seriously, though, it would be a pain-to-impossible with the front seats in place. They come out fairly easily. Take the headrests off first, so you have clearance to lift them out of the car. Be careful with the plugs underneath... some can be fragile if you do not release them properly.

Last edited: