2005 Passat B5.5 GLS TDI in Oakland,CA for Sale

Ethanlaek

TDI
Passat Wagon B5.5
2005 VW Passat GLS TDI Wagon.
Title In Hand.
Renewed Registration and Smog in January.
Full records.
Second owner, same family.

Solid turbo-diesel BHW engine with 201k. Belts were done at 197k. New radiator/coolant. All windows work. All lights work. HVAC works. Tires have 20k and have another 30k of life. Full leather (GLS = top of line.) Car is super reliable.

Because it's diesel, it can get up to 42mpg (if you drive 55 'natch) and you get 400+ range on every tank (14.5 gallon tank.)

No mods past installing an aluminum skid plate.

Extras include; skid plate, OBD2 reader, assorted manuals, some refresher hardware from the Pick n Pull.

Full disclosure, my father bought the car new and I bought it from him when I left NYC. The car spent the first 10yrs of its life in the Northeast. What does this mean? Well, as far as I can see, a lot of the bolts are tougher to turn than I'd like and the passenger-side fender is rusty. The frame of the car has no rust as far as I can tell and I have no problem jacking up the car for an inspection. I am doing my best to represent the condition of the car as accurately as possible.

$3500 - You are welcome to email me at ethanlaek@gmail.com with any questions.

Here is the Craigslist ad and photos: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/oakland-vw-passat-b55-tdi-gls/6802438925.html

Ethanlaek

TDI
Passat Wagon B5.5
Just a quick update, I was driving the car recently and the torque converter failed on me. Price is now $1000.

Danielg42

Veteran Member
TDI
B5 Passat BHW - 6 speed manual
still for sale? Sounds like it would be a perfect candidate for a manual swap.