2003 TDI FEST Any Volunteers?

kato258

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Golf GL, A/T, flash red; 04 Jetta GL, A/T, wheat beige; 06 Golf GLS, A/T, blue anthracite
let's go visit OLDMAN... in Texas... in the winter...

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
Originally posted by TDI Believer:
We have some nice attractions out this way. Summit Point Raceway for one. I was thinking perhaps we could have a performance driving school on one of the days - for something different. I happen to know a guy who teaches them for BMWs. Summit Point also has "Friday At The Track", where after a little instruction you can take your car out on the BIG track. We also have Skyline Drive for the ultimate mileage run. Canoeing and rafting on the Shenandoah River, the Appalachian Trail...and a VW dealer that would likely lend support. Nearby Winchester has lots of hotels and restaurants, and it's right on I-81.

Also, lots of Civil War (War Between the States) sites here too, like Harper's Ferry, Antietam, Manassas, etc.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Too close to where the inlaw's live

it needs to be far enough away from someone I know so that I HAVE to stay at the hotel

on second thought i can drop teh family off with the in-laws and stay at the hotel and party all night

heck - sounds great to me now that I think about it.

NO to Texas not in the summer - PULEEEEEEZ

kwhiner

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf GLS Silver
Seemed kinda funny all of us voting for the location and those in that particular area being responsible for organizing a fest, but whatever I guess. Personally either MD or VT-NH would be great choices for this left coaster have friends and/or relatives in either location to visit with. I would love to come visit either really Montreal, the maritimes, the ME coast, and Boston are all places I want to see. Further south the Chesapeake Bay, the Outer Banks, and the Blue Ridge are also areas I'd like to explore.
Hopefully we can get organized out here in the next couple years and have the chance to show you guys the many wonders the left coast has to offer as well.

Tinker

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1997, White
I like the idea of East coast but on the Canadian side of the border, like Montreal. That way it would keep the price down by paying in Canadian pesos (I'm aloud to say that because I am Canadian).

JettaWagonTDI1

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon GLS 2002 Candy White with Gold Pinstripe
I would like to cast my ballot (chad-free of course)
for Florida. I would love to have a GTG down there.

P.S.

I would like to thank all of you who have made this site possible for TDI owners like myself. You are the BEST!

Shawn

ittrad

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS Silver
Montreal is such a cool city... and there are so many TDIs there that it should not be a problem getting some help. There's lots of everything we would need.. including cheap hotels. Is there anyone in the Montreal areal that could help?

Jamie

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
Toronto is putting something together as we speak. There are a number of race tracks in the area, a tonne of TDIs in the GTA and lots of good sights to see. We'll be sending the proposal in shortly.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
i'd love something north of the border, too
U.S. Dollars go a whole lot further

NYTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf TDI AUTOMATIC trans. GLS w/PLX package silver/black cloth
The GTA is home to Rovan And Sharma (sp?) right? Both in Missisauga? Would be excellent if either (or both
) were willing to do a pump/injection tech. session.

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
Originally posted by Jim Williston:
Toronto traffic is a bummer. Do we really want to participate in grid lock? How about somewhere between Toronto and Montreal? Or Montreal and Quebec? Rural Canadian driving is real relaxing.
Jim
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The actual location is outside Toronto (most likely east of T.O.)

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Hershey Centre in Mississauga à la Great Canadian Bug Show 2002...

mjbach

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Golf
ATTN NEXT YEARS FEST ORGANIZERS While at a garage sale this morning I noticed my neighbor has a business manufacturing awards. She has ll awards that look identical to the ones handed out this year, plus a triple sized iceberg type award. These are blank, unetched crystal and she wants $4 a piece. Are you organizers interested in me acquiring these for you or does anyone know is this is a bargain? Please email me if you want me to get these. Mary

NBKrissie1

Veteran Member
I lived in Alaska for 8 years, just moved to AZ in 99. I don't recommend Alaska---there are few roads, that is why people there either boat or fly around the state!!! The roads that do exist will tear up our cars.

I love Alaska, but not for a road trip.