Car Wash

famous

Veteran Member
I've discovered a product called Dri Wash n Gard.This enables you to wash your car WITHOUT water,and I.ve one it when the car has been REALLY dirty!
No scratches,no water spots,no cold water splashing all over me,I can do it indoors or out,once I "washed" the car while my wife was in the mall!!
It also seems to leave a protective film,almost like the car has just been waxed.
My NB is black,so I'm pleased about no swirl marks or water spots.
Now I carry around the dri-wash and two towels,and when ever the spirit moves me...voila a clean car.It takes about 20 minutes,start to finish.

famous

Veteran Member
The Dri-wash has the look and feel of probably Armor-all.I buy a LARGE bottle and it comes with a small applicator bottle.Fill the small bottle-shake it up-and give the panel you're cleaning a light "misting"-then wipe the dirt off.Polish to a mirror shine.This stuff truly is amazing.I've tried a similar product sold by Pro-Long,I think,It's not bad,but I've found it leaves the car streaky.

Leon R

Veteran Member
Dry Wash was being heavily promoted in this area a couple of years ago, sort of a pyramid selling scheme of sorts. you don't see much of it around anymore. I couldn't bring myself to rubbing dry dirt off nice new paint!!! you got to have a lot of nerve to try that.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
How does the dirt and gritt come off without scratching the paint? That is what I use water for and rinse the spong/mitt after each wipe for.

famous

Veteran Member
The dirt comes off with no scratches,believe me.I was sceptical until a friend of mine used it on his MG.That sold me.Now it's almost all I use.I still use the hose and brush routine on a hot day,(it's cooler) or if I have to get into some nooks and crannies.But other than that,it's dri-wash all the way.I'm telling you,my car has been white with salt residue (it's a black NB) and I've used dri-wash to bring it right up.
This a.m in Toronto,it's raining,but this afternoon it's supposed to be sunny,so I'll bring the car in the back of the shop,and wash it.I don't sell it,I just use it .

TDIsmokin

Veteran Member
Hi,
What is the feeling of this forum about these MLM deals. This stuff is purely that.
Might work well. some MLM products do. The problem is if you order it you probably have to go through a long pitch from the distributor about how dri-wash is going to save your life and guarantee your retirement.
Maybe I am wrong. I'll stick to my power washer and a bucket of soap and a soft shamy.
TDIsmokin
Claude
You never told us how much this "miracle" product costs Famous???

Jeff Strachan

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GL TDI
Yeah, where's HowardZ to slam Stevie? And when did he enlist 'famous'?

I prefer my power washer and good ol' fashioned Carnuba wax.

2S.

p.s. My best friend is an Amway distributor. Never made a penny as far as I know. I'll admit they have some good products, but they're marked up.
MHO

------------------
Jeff
'00 Golf GL TDI 5 speed

ThinkDiesel

Veteran Member
This stuff sounds pretty good, but I think I would have to see it work for myself before I would invest in any.

For now i will stick to soap/water and a natural chamois.

------------------
Ryan

1999.5 Jetta GL TDI- 5 sp

"Volkswagen TDI -- Die beste oder nichts"

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
This stuff is sold direct out of Arizona from
Enviro-Tech International, they are on the net and at 1-800-820-6893. Shortly after using this for awhile, Amsoil came out with
it also $38.95 from Enviro-Tech and it works
well.

famous

Veteran Member
Let me set the record straight.I DO NOT sell Dri-wash nor have I ever sold it.I DO NOT have a MLM business,I am in the business of selling fasteners and power tools,that keeps me busy enough !!
I ONLY MENTIONED this product because I use it,it works well, and I thought maybe someone else might be interested in a product other than tuning boxes,chips,and synthetic oils.

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg
Correction - AMSOIL's "Miracle Waterless Wash and Polish" only runs "$12.60 per quart."

Email me offline for more details.

Silver TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Silver Arrow, Wet Okole GLS Automatic
I have used the ProLong version of the waterless carwash and I love it. Spray on, wipe off and it looks great. It is a lot better than hard water stains that you get out here in the desert. It is only $8.99 at Pep Boys or Checker. We even used it on our darker car and we notice no streaks or spots. The little bottle we purchased goes a long way. We use it once a week on both of our cars and even after a month we still have half a bottle left. We dust the car down first with a California Car Duster, and then spray on and wipe off. If you have hard water stains (like we get from the sprinklers out here) you have to apply it twice. This stuff is 100% better than any carwash in town and cheaper!

------------------
2000 Jetta TDI Auto - Silver Arrow/Black Cloth (Hers)
2000 Jetta TDI Manual - Bright Green/Tan Cloth (His)
1969 Baja Beetle - Yellow/Black
http://www.jettatdi.8m.com
http://www.bajabug.8m.com

M

mickey

Some MLMs sell junky products. Some sell excellent products. (Like Amsoil, in my opinion.) But all of them will be expensive! Remember, you're paying a whole pyramid of middle-men when you buy the stuff!

Some of the shadier MLMs just sell whatever products they can think of just to stay "legal." Otherwise, they'd be a straight-up pyramid scheme.

-mickey

XFIRE

TDI
2011 Golf
I am wondering how the properties of DWG compare to the Amsoil Miracle Wash ????

Does anyone have experience using both products and which is better?