TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
Richard,

Did the oil seal hold?

Richard55

Vendor
TDI
2000 NB
Looks like about 99 percent fixed. After installing I have a very small drip. I may have not forced the plug in deep enough. There is no room to install it correctly so I may still pull it out again and drive it in deeper.

Richard55

Vendor
TDI
2000 NB
Here is a list of people who are or may be coming, this should be a great GTG

1. Richard55
2. fabed23--------------charcoal and lighter fluid
3. Cha2Ga -------------Chips and soda
4. terryTDI
5. HouptyGT
6. Georgia_boy --------Buns & napkins
7. Aztravler
8. TDI G
9. skinny
10. psrumors
11. hooville------------water and other beverages lol
12. Ike T
13. Walrus Burger
14. VW Nut
15. ncroadwarrior
16. TDI4all -------------Condiments
17. 50R BTR
18. Bigswole
19. drewkeen
20. volmaniac
21. loganbmx4gt
22. roadhard 1960 -----burgers and hotdogs
23. itsprez
24. dislexicmofo --------coffee
25. MichelleRoze
26. Need5speed
27. Costello -------------cole slaw
28. psrumors. -----------Smoked Butt

still cheese and relish for the bbq and if anyone can bring some baked beans that would be great.
Also need come charcoal for the bbq and lighter fluid to get it going.
Paper plates and plastic knifes, forks and spoons.
Just let me know what you can bring so I can update the list. Thanks everyone.

Tuners coming:

1. RC Tuning - Jeff Roberts
2. Malone - Andrew Rodriguez
3. TC Tuning

Last edited:

Richard55

Vendor
TDI
2000 NB
A lot has been going on since the GTG in Covington, Ga.
A poor 06 Passat came in and it needed a timing belt, but when I took the valve cover off I found that 7 out of the 8 lifters were destroyed and the cam was shot and the front motor stop was basically gone.
Now a motor swap into a very nice Jetta and replace the fans on a 97 jetta.
Busy but a good couple of weeks.
I bought a Clarion single din, flip screen head unit for the map possibilities of it, but it will not work so I'm looking for a different flip screen unit, possibly a Jensen unit.
Onward and upward for this little beetle and looking forward to the trip to Central America, it seems that stuff keeps coming up and the trip keeps getting pushed back.

waltzconmigo

Veteran Member
TDI
none
it was good to talk to you this evening, it had been awhile. I am sure I will be calling soon for some more advice, thanks for being available.

waltzconmigo

Veteran Member
TDI
none
fabed---espero que todo esta bien con usted, just wanted to say thanks for the above link to the celsa pena song, I had not listened to it in awhile and came back to here to find it.

richard---for no other reason than I have not linked any music for some time and came up this after listening to fabed's link, here is a new one. time to go to the neighbors and watch the blackhawks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgCCQXiyppA

have a good night everyone.

waltzconmigo

Veteran Member
TDI
none

waltzconmigo

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Fabed---I have let your "sobre el rio" link guide me for music for the last hour, ya estoy tomando, mis padres llegan(sp: nunca usa mi espanol) manana.

waltzconmigo

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Richard---If you ever get your A$$ on the road and decide to go south of the canal I have a place for you to stay. Just got back from my friends who are getting picked up at 3am to head back to Bogota. Guess I have the destination of my next trip planned in advance, we had a good 15yrs. Funny, we met at a little greasy spoon and the girl visiting me heard he and his brother in law speaking and recognized their accent. Since that time I have seen them marry, their 2 children born, been personally engaged and unengaged (sp. ???) during a 10yr relationship, started to learn how to work on my car and many other things. It is now my job to get the cat ready to be shipped off. Well, just kinda needed to have a few drinks before I fell asleep (didn't want to turn the lights off on the cat 20 minutes after arrival, good excuse) and reminisce. For some random reason I looked at the thermostat as I passed by and was reading 96 when I got back and is now up to 102 (really 02), random time for that to go out. Who knows what premonition that is supposed to represent, doubt it has ever been that warm in Bogota. Sorry for rambling. Hope all is well.

Last edited:

waltzconmigo

Veteran Member
TDI
none
long time no talk, tengo el pinche gato todovia, give you a call soon. hope all is well. been working further from home and the 3+ hr. commute (there and back) is not helpful for a single guy who cooks all his own meals, to do much else. ciao.