INA: TDI product offerings -– billet CCV 1.9/2.0/2.5 TDI FLUIDAMPR & more

INA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2.5 TDI
As outlined in the email responded to yesterday , a tracking # for the clear anodized units will populate shortly. We were working on getting these all packaged until 10pm last night.
Thank You.

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
2015-02-21 UPDATE
All CJAA Fluidampr's will be shipping on Monday. We have 2 more available for those who do not want any downtime.
Also making an AAZ unit with the same OD as stock using the Fluidampr core.

panthers89fan90

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI
I know it's a long shot, but I thought I'd go ahead and ask. Do you have any black ccv's left on pre-order? If you do, I checked the thread and didn't see a price point. Also, I've never tinkered with the ccv really. Are they fairly easy to get on and off?

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
I know it's a long shot, but I thought I'd go ahead and ask. Do you have any black ccv's left on pre-order? If you do, I checked the thread and didn't see a price point. Also, I've never tinkered with the ccv really. Are they fairly easy to get on and off?
As of last night only 2 more available in Black.
Lots in clear anodized though.
Pricing is $135 shipped.
Level of Difficulty = beginner , so easy to get off and on.

panthers89fan90

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI

As of last night only 2 more available in Black.
Lots in clear anodized though.
Pricing is $135 shipped.
Level of Difficulty = beginner , so easy to get off and on.
I think the black looks AMAZING. I have a few other billet items on the car. This would fit in quite well. Does the install include taking off the valve cover or is it a much simpler job? I'm just trying to get a grasp of what I'm in for. Let me know asap. I would definitely be interested in a black ccv based on what you say about the install.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2-door, 2k Silver. Red RTDI now gone but not forgotten!
It just installs right on the rubber grommet that is insert into the valve cover. Then the OEM elbow is hooked up to the outlet of the CCV. If you are running it on an ALH engine the stabilizing "post" (that is a removable item on this generation of unit) can be insert into one of the cast female holes in the valve cover. Putting a small O-ring on this "male" shaft first helps stabilize it and takes the rubbing of vibration. Very easy to do with a warm engine as the rubber valve cover grommet is supple then.
HTH.

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
Custom is quality, quality takes time. No giant factory cranking these out, just a small shop, a skilled machinist with the tools and will to get it done for us. Surprises are worth the wait and in this case we have photos!

panthers89fan90

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI

It just installs right on the rubber grommet that is insert into the valve cover. Then the OEM elbow is hooked up to the outlet of the CCV. If you are running it on an ALH engine the stabilizing "post" (that is a removable item on this generation of unit) can be insert into one of the cast female holes in the valve cover. Putting a small O-ring on this "male" shaft first helps stabilize it and takes the rubbing of vibration. Very easy to do with a warm engine as the rubber valve cover grommet is supple then.
HTH.
I indeed do have an ALH engine good sir. Since it doesn't require the removal of the valve cover, I'm definitely interested.

INA, I will take a black ccv. Let me know what you need from me, but put me down for 1 black ccv asap! I don't want to miss out lol.

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
The other time consuming issue here is that each unit will need to have "filter media" custom cut from 3M #4100 pad material. This is the white filter pad that comes with each CCV. It takes time to get the media and then cut out each round pad and put a hole in the middle. Issam is dealing with this so when you get one it is complete.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
The other time consuming issue here is that each unit will need to have "filter media" custom cut from 3M #4100 pad material. This is the white filter pad that comes with each CCV. It takes time to get the media and then cut out each round pad and put a hole in the middle. Issam is dealing with this so when you get one it is complete.
Couldn't one just remove filter media, clean with gasoline or another solvent, let dry and reinstall?

Wankel7

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
For the next INA project ....

Rear view mirror adapter that lets you use non vag rear view mirrors. With out removing the stock mirror button.

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
Me as well, I forgot about this! Thought this would have shipped out a month or two ago?
You are correct. We could have shipped out raw units before the end of 2014 but the Anodizer's we use were :
#closed
#backedup
#onvacation
#didntgivea****
#whateverotherexcuse.
Once we had the bits back , then we had to set up jigs to press fit everything and then cut filter material out. At first I was using Honda ATV air filters cut up but I would only get 2-3 pads out a filter. With help from Bruce , we sourced the 3M 4100 white pad and got 10 pads out of them. They are cut by hand so please excuse the cuts....

The laser printing shop we deal with has the ability to laser cut the pads but there machine is in servicing. I will make the pads available online once he is able to cut them. Beats sitting down and tracing out on 3M polishing pad :p
INA, I will take a black ccv. Let me know what you need from me, but put me down for 1 black ccv asap! I don't want to miss out lol.
As of right now , we are out of the Black CCV's and I am taking the remaining clears and having them Black Anodized. Those will be ready to ship on Thursday so if you want 1 of the 6 , they are $139 USD shipped in the lower 48 states and again will NOT ship until Thursday.

Everyone in the above list should have received a tracking # now. Some of you will be receiving these tomorrow!

dirtride

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
Just got the Quantum view message as I'm reading this, nice surprise! Expected delivery - 3/2/15.

Also finished the Fluidampr install last night, I will review that in a week or so after driving with it. But already can tell a difference going around the block. It will be interesting to see how the wife likes "less vibrations!" :D

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
Element cleaning of CCV

Couldn't one just remove filter media, clean with gasoline or another solvent, let dry and reinstall?
Totally! That is what I have done for many years. I usually do it when I do the annual oil change. Still have my "extra" element but the original has handled the processing and heat over time just fine.

And Issam, thanks for the tracking number!

Last edited:

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
for reference , you can get 3M pad in a box of 5 for under $40. I managed to cut 10 units out of 1 pad so that is 50 pads for under $40!

bgsnyder

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Golf & 2005 Passat
Just got the Quantum view message as I'm reading this, nice surprise! Expected delivery - 3/2/15.
Also finished the Fluidampr install last night, I will review that in a week or so after driving with it. But already can tell a difference going around the block. It will be interesting to see how the wife likes "less vibrations!" :D
I showed my wife this post because she has also commented on how she enjoys the vibrations of the car. Just an FYI for anyone trying to sell their wife on the upgrade, avoid the "the car will shake less excuse".

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
For all of those that have received your CCV Puck's let us know what you think!

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
What service interval would you recommend for cleaning the filter media?
Considering the cost of a 3M 4100 disc , I would do them every oil filter change. Does not hurt as you can easily get 10 discs out of one $10 pad.

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
If you are looking for a Fluidampr for your Passat B5.5 , don't forget to hit up Matt@Whitbread Performance.
He is doing an amazing job modifying these for Twin serpentine set ups.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
If you are looking for a Fluidampr for your Passat B5.5 , don't forget to hit up Matt@Whitbread Performance.
He is doing an amazing job modifying these for Twin serpentine set ups.
Mine's on its way. :D

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
got my puck yesterday. it's beautiful :)

...and, i'm happy to see that i think it should be trivial to add my own (small, but big enough) vent to add to the top of it to connect to the AHU block breather. thanks INA

masondupre

TDI
2003 Jetta auto TDI, Malone Stage 1, Dynamic EGR; 2008 Grand Cherokee CRD, GDE EcoTune, DPF delete;2012 Touareg, stock
Received my puck today. Very nice.