2002 Jetta TDI for parts... buyback or not???

peteypetey

TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon
2002 130000mi, auto, dark blue, gray leather, RC2 tune

Hit in the front and rear, deemed a total loss :(
The radiator was pushed back, but the engine was running after the accident and I don't think it was damaged. The interior/leather is in good shape and the heated seats work. Armrest is jacked as usual.

If anyone has a feel for what the salvage value is worth, please send me a PM. I'm trying to decide whether it's worth buying back to sell whole or part out.

Likewise, if you have interest in buying the engine or whole car, please send me a PM. Please hold off on offers for smaller stuff at this point.

BioBob

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta (G3F Donor), 2003 Bora
G3F Donor

Too bad it is an Automatic, otherwise there might be some interest in recycling it to be a G3F (Go Green, Go Fast), a mid-engine TDI Kit car.

Since the engine/transmission module will be disassembled for the conversion,
someone might be willing to do a transmission swap.

Let the folks at Smyth Performance know you have a possible donor.

peteypetey

TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon
soon to be home...

I have agreed to buy the vehicle back and the insurance company is going to tow the car back to my house (today!). I will assess the damage as best I can and take some pictures.

zaeli

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 golf 175k (totaled, sold) 2000 golf tdi 375k (Malone 1.5) 2002 green diesel bug
Same issue with my 99.5 two door 5s VWV rc2+... golf gl, total loss.
Unibody damage. Suv rear ended from behind and pushed under a suv in the front.
What did the insurance co offer you straight and for the buy back?
I have not been made an offer yet.
I was going to pull the ecu before its towed as a trophy.

Q for forum whats the claim value and what can I argue to get more?
I am going to be hard pressed to find a 'equal' replacement.
Everyone that drove my car said it ran perfect, powerful and was a good candidate for a long term investment.

jwise87

TDI
02 Golf 5spd
Parts needed

I am looking for a couple parts, an A/C hose and a rear wiper arm. The hose I need is the lower one on the compressor, I don't need the whole thing just the part that actually goes into the compressor and the rubber part of the hose attached to it. I'll pay $50.

Jake

peteypetey

TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon
Well, sorry to disappoint, but it looks like I can make this drivable again without much work. I'll throw the pics up when I get a chance.

BioBob

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta (G3F Donor), 2003 Bora
Perfect candidate

Hey Zaeli:

Your car is a perfect candidate for a G3F car! (5 spd)

Depending on the buyback price, you might want to convert it yourself.

Take a trip over to Smyth Performance on Facebook and take a look. Kit price will be 8-10K, and the design is meant to be a daily driver with pizazz (800 lb. weight reduction).

The alternative is to sell it to a potential builder, and there are lot's of guys interested in your part of the world.