Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
For Sale 2001 Modified Jetta

The car is SOLD!! Thanks for looking.
Sale Pending...

For Sale Modified 2001 Jetta

2001 Dark Green Jetta with tan leather Recaro interior.

I'll take some more pics tomorrow.
Interior:
Low density Euro cluster, Euro (light) switch, Monsoon w/ 6-disc changer in the trunk, XM antenna wired in behind the stock antenna (on the roof) running to the center console, VR6 walnut center console w/matching door handles, center arm rest, matching AutoMeter boost and EGT gauges, Moonroof, summer and winter floor mats. Pre-wired for a Passport radar detector power supply (runs to center top of windshield, no detector though). 3-spoke steering wheel
I'll post some pics tomorrow
Exterior:
Euro headlights with fogs and city lights, rear fog light, 7 coats of Zaino polish, VW 17” Montreal wheels, 225/45/17 General tires, Koni FDS suspension with new TT bushings (last fall), Shine rear sway bar, Kami grill, Evolution skid plate, tinted windows w/mirror finish
Engine/Trans:
UPSolute FMIC, Garrett (TDI Parts) 17/22 turbo w/ RC 6 AHF tune (good to 6000+ RPM’s), the turbo has between 5K and 10K miles on it. Bosio Race 520 injectors, engine rebuilt 45K ago, new Timing Belt and serpentine belt with new water pump, thermostat etc., block decked .002, new rings, head ported and polished, beehive valve springs (double springs) installed in February, 1-month old 11mm injection pump, just replaced 2nd gear and completely went through the transmission (this week). 2nd gear had been bad since new. Passenger Performance intake, custom Rennen stainless steel pipe from the air box to the turbo, 220K total miles on the car. 2.5” down pipe, empty CAT (for show at inspection) with 2.5” Euro Sport stainless resonator and dual tail pipes. TDI engine heater, in-tank lift pump (PD), new engine mounts (March), oil changes at 10K or more often with either Rotella or Delvac synthetic and of course new filters, VR6/G60 clutch and flywheel. TT Short Shifter, R32 snorkel, airbox (top) and MAF.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Of course new rod and main bearing too at the time of rebuild.
[/IMG]
I haven’t dynoed for a while but I would estimate 175+ HP and 300+ ft/lbs. The car is fast, handles great and my last 2 tanks of fuel got me 51+ MPG. It drops way down to 46-47 MPG if you go fast. It’s good for 120 MPH in 4th gear. Smoke is minimal IMO. I’ve taken this car to about the limit of what I wanted to accomplish and now I’m going to try again with an A5. That and I need a bigger car, as my family gets bigger. I have tried hard to make sure everything has been well maintained and clean. I have a ton of receipts that anyone would be welcome to wade through. Anyone who has driven the car (there have been a few) could chime in on how it runs and handles. There are probably more things that have been done that I can’t remember. If you’re interested please PM me or call my cell: (207) 831-6868. Oh yeah, I’m asking $12K OBO. Thanks for looking
Sootman

Last edited:

lespaulman16

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 VW Golf TDI
KROUT said:
Are you moving on from tdi's or getting a different tdi?
Sootman said:
I’ve taken this car to about the limit of what I wanted to accomplish and now I’m going to try again with an A5. That and I need a bigger car, as my family gets bigger.
first post ^

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Scott,
I'm still a TDI guy, just time for a vehicle change. Buying an '06 TDI, more soon.

Steve

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf-Ute TDI GLS 5spd Manual
OK. This car is a friggin beast and VERY well cared for. Someone buy it!

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
I'll go out and grab some this afternoon and post them. Tomorrow I have a friend who will take some for me to post, he's much better than I am at taking pics.