HELP in San Antonio, TX!!! Stranded!!!

vwjettadsl

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDI’s
I'm stranded at 3911 IH 35 N, San Antonio, TX 78219.

This is a long story but I'll try to make it short. Let me start at the beginning. Last Wednesday my Dad flew into San Antonio to pick up a 03 TDI I bought, before he left to go back home he had a light stroke and was taken to the hospital. My Mom and I flew down to San Antonio the next morning to be with him. Well today he is getting released from the hospital, but on the way to get him from our hotel the 03 TDI I was driving made a loud pop and then a loud engine noise. I pulled over as soon as possible and popped the hood. As far as I can tell the passenger side engine mount is broken.:eek: :( :mad: I don't have any tools with me to fix it with and I didn't find a trusted TDI mechanic in San Antonio on the TDI club list. So is there anyone out there that knows a mechanic or someone that can help me fix the car? I'm 11 hours from home and don't know what to do.

I'm located at the Microtel Inn & Suites, 3911 IH 35 N, San Antonio, TX 78219. Car is located about a 1/2-3/4 mile away from me.

Car is a 2003 VW Jetta TDI, 5-spd, 115K miles.

I can be reached by PM, email: vwtdi99@sbcglobal.net or by my cell phone: 417-661-1057.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks--Ben

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
There are some people in Austin. runonbeer and anut are the local gurus here. thatvwguy is in Seguin I think, he might be able to help. I am in Austin north of you 100 miles. Not much help. Hopefully someone will come on and help. Try contacting these people by pm and see if they can help.

vwjettadsl

TDI
TDI’s
Thanks for the info guys! aNut called me a little while ago and after talking to him, I think I'm going to get a Uhual or Budget truck and a tow dolly and tow the car up to him. Hopefully we can get it fixed and back on the road again soon! I'll give you all an update later!

Thanks--B

PS: I got a rental car delivered to me a little while ago so at least I can get around town until I get a truck and dolly.

Pevey

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, Tornado Red
Whatever happened to this story? I was stranded this week with my son's 01 GTi outside of Abilene, Texas. Sterling VW did a great job ordering parts and getting my back on the road. I went from thinking I had dropped a motor to finding out that a $1.90 bolt had come loose and locked up my front wheel.

vwjettadsl

TDI
TDI’s
Pevey said:
Whatever happened to this story? I was stranded this week with my son's 01 GTi outside of Abilene, Texas. Sterling VW did a great job ordering parts and getting my back on the road. I went from thinking I had dropped a motor to finding out that a $1.90 bolt had come loose and locked up my front wheel.
It was more active at this thread:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=179820