My Sexy Boost Valve

Jackilus

TDI
His: 03 Candyweiss 2dr Golf, Hers: 2K Black Jetta
Got my boost valve nickel plated for aesthetic power enhancement (i.e. just for fun):

Now I won't have that hunk of brass under the hood that looks like something I got at George Morlan!

Last edited:

maloosheck

Veteran Member
TDI
2K6 1K2 BRM, 2K8 7L6 BWF, 85 16 MF
Jackilus said:
Got my boost valve nickel plated for aesthetic power enhancement (i.e. just for fun):

Now I won't have that hunk of brass under the hood that looks like something I got at George Morlan!
I got mine painted black :). The body I mean.

Jackilus

TDI
Saving up for a platinum-dipped BV.

Just kidding, but the nickel should make it less prone to corrosion, if it were to somehow become an issue. The potentially annoying chromed-out bling finish will dull with time, especially if I put in my pocket with a handful of change for a week.:p I just wanted to see how it would turn out.

Another idea I have, which would be way more costly and frivolous, is to get my intake anodized black. I wonder how that would turn out...

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, 2002, green, Eurotek STG1
Not frivolous!! :) I had my valve cover and bat tray powder-coated and I think it only cost me around fifty bucks or so, maybe less. I think certain metals should be PCed and others anodized, now I can't remember which...whichever the VC is, that was powder-coated :)...aren't they steel? Anyway...people look in and go "You have a red valve cover...huh...and...is your battery tray red, too?" (chortling)

Jackilus

TDI
Word up. Ain't nothin wrong with making stuff pretty and corrosion-resistant.:D I may just do that black anodized intake when the time comes. That way I wouldn't even have to clean it -- I'll just have them do it when they anodize it.

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, 2002, green, Eurotek STG1
If I recall, I had Harv ship me another valve cover so I could drive while it was getting done...I'm looking seriously at several more items under the hood with the same intentions, snicker...hey, at least I got rid of the spinners awhile back and got some proper wheels (defensive look)

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
A3 valve covers are steel, steel gets powdercoat. A4 valve covers are aluminum, and should be anodized.