Best Repair Manual

drdikk

TDI
2006 VW Beetle TDI
I have a 2006 New Beetle TDI with the BEW engine. Can someone recommend the best Repair Manual for same?

alex_tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI GLS, 2001, Blue
TDI Club! There are so many DIY instructions and helpful members here that the information you can find here blows anything by Bentley out of the water.

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
TDI Club! There are so many DIY instructions and helpful members here that the information you can find here blows anything by Bentley out of the water.
I'd agree completely, most will quote the Bentley and/or tell you a better way...this forum is a power house if open source knowledge...you may get a random flier but typically speaking if someone comes across with bad juju, another member will correct them and then the Calvary will join in and you'll know the correct info...also YouTube has some good videos, I watched a timing belt one probably 5 or 6 times before tearing in. Biggest thing it taught me was buy the right tools for the job and consider it an investment

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

alex_tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI GLS, 2001, Blue
Yes, get the correct tools. Can't stress enough how important VW-specific tools are. If you run across a rare tool in the Bentley, search here and someone here probably had already come up with a cheape/better alternative/method. I've saved thousands of dollars doing my own timing belt, transmission oil, etc. etc. myself by using the info I've found here.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Donations to Fred are always a nice idea. He's been running a quality website for nearly 20 years, so deserves our appreciation and support.