www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old December 9th, 2018, 18:40   #16
viking427
Veteran Member

TDI(s): VW

Thankfully, VWs decision to release the cars back into circulation has extended the lifespan of the mk7 TDI by many years. For parts suppliers, it's a numbers/volume economics calculation. More cars in circulation = greater parts demand = more parts availability at cheaper prices.

However, the oem extended warranty has stalled the aftermarket/performance market for mk7 TDI power train parts. Greatly reduced volume of people in our post DG world willing to sacrifice the extended warranty by modding their cars. Considering the extended warranty, the long term outlook for the performance parts market for mk7 TDI may be bleak. The sweet spot for warranty expirations is 10-12 years. By then, most folks will likely have moved on to other cars.
Old December 10th, 2018, 11:51   #17
gqboy

TDI(s): 2015 Golf

Bought mine last year. Just only wish I can find cheap LED headlights so I can swap out my Halogens.... and upgrade my infotainment system without paying an arm and a leg.
gqboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2018, 11:58   #18
Nuje
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 1200km/tank (Mk4); 750km/tank (Mk7)

You can get cheap, or you can get good; with headlights, I'd opt for the latter.

Price-wise for "good", you're probably not going to do better than Ed's (becautoparts.com) with the added bonus that he's in Vancouver, so shipping isn't a nightmare (present Canada Post parcel backlog, notwithstanding).
Nuje is offline   Reply With Quote