FUCHS fricofin v COOLANT? .. 2.0L & ALH tdi

03tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 vw jetta wagon TDI
hey guys so im taking the cars into the mechanic to get the waterpumps/timing belt job done.

i brought him a jug of 5L fuchs maintain fricofin v g13 coolant.

it says it is compatible with previous g12, +,++ fluids so whatever is left in the heater core, intercooler, engine block after the flush, should mix without issue.

now my question is what do you guys run here in ontario, i posted this here not the TDI101 because well most people don't live in our weather conditions. i have read 50/50 covers up to -40C but lots of guys run 60% water to 40% coolant. what do you guys recommend for our sometimes -30....-40 with the windchill weather here throughout ontario??

this is what i got both for my 2.0L car and my 1.9ALH
https://roselandtech.ca/coolant-g13-5l

SOMEBODY PLEASE CLARIFY THAT THIS IS A CONCENTRATE!!! not a pre 50/50 mix..... everywhere i look it says concentrate.
i gave him 5L jug of distilled water telling him ill notify him tomorrow with what ratio to use.

steve6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
Windchill does not effect objects such as cars, it is an effect on Human body. You almost never get lower than -25 anywhere south of barrie, even north of there its rare.

G13/12 from the dealer, 50/50 with distilled water.

The only effect wind chill has on inanimate objects, such as car radiators and water pipes, is to more quickly cool the object to cool to the current air temperature. Object will NOT cool below the actual air temperature.

I will add, that the reason I like to do 50/50 is so that if I ever have to top up the car after the fact with just water, I know it wont dilute it too much and cause issues. And if you start doing other ratios, how do you keep track whats in the jug on the shelf? Always do 50/50 when bought and 50/50 is what will be on the shelf in the container.

Last edited:

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Ask the mechanic if the labels says pre-mix or concentrate. It will never for below -40C unless you are really really really far up north.

The intercooler doesn't have coolant running through it.

03tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 vw jetta wagon TDI
i went with 50/50...steve6 thanks for explaining. day to day i learn more.
imo000 the label was ripped off when i got it on the back.... trust me i wouldve looked there first:D

i only mentioned coolant in inter cooler as i read some people who had there cooler fail before disconnected the hoses to find coolant dripping out . if that is incorrect then i now know, and those people must've saw something else coming out of there inter cooler not coolant.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
The mechanic will have the hydrometer to check your coolant and let you know if it's a concentrate or not.