Buy Back Spreadsheet - Track our buyback status

pitmang1

TDI
2011 Jetta
Very unprofessional for them to say anything negative to the guy in front of you.
Saying anything in front of me to him was very unprofessional just because interrupting other people is rude.

I didn't mention the fact that the guy had use of only one hand and his face was partially paralyzed (maybe from a stroke). That made it sad and made me furious. I am still trying to craft the proper response to the dealership owners, but I should probably wait until I am not so pissed off.

I did my cash in my bank account this morning, so that's good, maybe I can go pick up an Audi allroad on Christmas Eve.

goodysgotacuda

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Goft TDI/6spd & Jetta TDI/DSG
Won't be back to VW.
Same. We started this being hopeful of getting into VWs again, they've been great cars. We have had it with them, I have the numbers lined out on a BMW and am going to buy it tomorrow. No more VAG vehicles for this family.

tvmaster

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
Same. We started this being hopeful of getting into VWs again, they've been great cars. We have had it with them, I have the numbers lined out on a BMW and am going to buy it tomorrow. No more VAG vehicles for this family.
Same here. While we like the acceleration of the TDI engine, the shear arrogance of both VWOA and our local dealers have pushed us towards hybrids. Not the same power, but easily the same mileage estimates, and far fewer reliability problems. If it hadn't been for dieselgate, we would have been out over $10k in repairs for a six-year-old car with 80k on it.
Ridiculous...

Jimbo70

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
Added my info to the spreadsheet this morning (and I wasn't only one. Holy slow Batman). I would like to have fields capturing things like number of attempts to submit paperwork before it was accepted, or a notes. Right now, there is data, but no context. What delays were caused by Volkswagen, and what delays were caused by incorrect, incomplete or illegible paperwork?

kjohnson129

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI SEL
Added my info to the spreadsheet this morning (and I wasn't only one. Holy slow Batman). I would like to have fields capturing things like number of attempts to submit paperwork before it was accepted, or a notes. Right now, there is data, but no context. What delays were caused by Volkswagen, and what delays were caused by incorrect, incomplete or illegible paperwork?

It seems like the overwhelming majority never get our paperwork rejected, just takes forever to get approved. I submitted everything 11/12 and still no offer, but nothing has been rejected.

Jimbo70

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
It seems like the overwhelming majority never get our paperwork rejected, just takes forever to get approved. I submitted everything 11/12 and still no offer, but nothing has been rejected.
That is a big assumption, based on the number of exception topics in the threads.

10/1 - Initial documents uploaded
11/7 - Documents marked complete
12/8 - Final offer received
12/14 - Signed, notarized documents uploaded (work schedule delay)
12/15 - Signed, notarized documents accepted, return schedule available.
12/21 - Return date selected (picking the return dealer was our hold up)
1/30 - Scheduled return date

In our case, with the exception of it taking longer than advertised between the documents being reviewed and the final offer being made, every hold up has been on our end.

Passat15

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE - Sold to VW
Go figure, just happen to log back into the portal. I had previously been accepted for turn in on 1/5. Now, VW has reset me back to step 18, schedule appointment. The earliest I can get in now is 2/3.

Locoelectrician

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Golf SEL Sportwagen, 2005 Jetta TDI, John Deere 355D
Go figure, just happen to log back into the portal. I had previously been accepted for turn in on 1/5. Now, VW has reset me back to step 18, schedule appointment. The earliest I can get in now is 2/3.
Same here. Check it out people, looks like everyone has been reset to 18. Merry ****ing Christmas.

cardinalflyer

TDI
2014 SportsWagon
I didn't have any problems submitting my paperwork or with getting it accepted. Turning in my paid-off 2014 TDI Sportswagon on 12/28. 12/22 was also an option, but I was planning on taking this week off so I opted to wait a week.
Picked up a dealer demo BMW 2016 328D Xdrive Wagon in August, the VW check will pay a good chunk of that off.

Last edited:

kaamacat

TDI
None now :0)
As of NOW......"
The site is currently unavailable for maintenance and routine updates.

10/27 - Initial paperwork uploaded
11/14 - VWGoA rejection email on (2) forms
11/18 - Corrected forms re-uploaded
11/25 - VWGoA email approving thru Step15 (Forms)
12/08 - VWGoA Auditors reviewing (See 12/13 entry)
12/13 - Called VWGoA on status. Rep said on 12/08 went to Auditors
12/26 - Day#22 (Business Day) since Step15

People....Fact or fiction. From Step15 I thought I had seen this was supposed to be a 20 (Business Day) commitment from VW?

Last edited:

Jimbo70

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
Okay, before y'all start freaking out, the subject of the portal being reset to Step 18 has been mentioned in other threads. It is a glitch that VW is aware of, and per the other thread, appointments have not been cancelled. If you have a confirmation email your appointment is still good.

Now if you didn't print your return checklist and PoA, I'm not sure what you do apart from going through the motions again on the website.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Now if you didn't print your return checklist and PoA, I'm not sure what you do apart from going through the motions again on the website.
The buyback rep will have the PoA, so you don't really need to print that at all. But you can also find it here, the checklist here, and the odometer disclosure here (though, again, the buyback rep will have these).

swcrow17

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Just received offer letter for notarization.....12/27. I'll sign, notarize and post up when uploaded.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
Received my 2nd of 3 offers this morning.:)

This one is in my wife's name with our son who lives in Colorado (We live in NC). I imagine we need to get a vin specific POA signed by him to download with the offer to proceed?

Triggatre561

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
So for those of you who don't know, VW deadline used to be 20 days total they moved it back to 30 and now it's just whenever. I spoke to someone and all they say is there are no more deadlines which sucks because all my documents have been approved since the 16 of Nov I'm in the military getting ready to deploy this week and I have to leave my wife with this bs. It's like once it gets to the auditors it takes forever. I originally had an amount set for like 4k but probably will be less since I'm 2000 miles over what I originally had down, hopefully they compensate for that

kaamacat

TDI
So for those of you who don't know, VW deadline used to be 20 days total they moved it back to 30 and now it's just whenever. I spoke to someone and all they say is there are no more deadlines which sucks because all my documents have been approved since the 16 of Nov I'm in the military getting ready to deploy this week and I have to leave my wife with this bs. It's like once it gets to the auditors it takes forever. I originally had an amount set for like 4k but probably will be less since I'm 2000 miles over what I originally had down, hopefully they compensate for that
Interesting.....I'm past the 20-days and, mine went to the auditors on 12/8. (Someone (aka FTC) should have a "pair" and for every day VW is past the 20day deadline another $1000 is added to the buy-back). Make a fine a "fine".

rrrcryst

TDI
1996 Passat TDI wagon,
I was approved December 16th but then found that the first appointment was late Jan at one dealer and early February at two other dealers. I took the earliest appointment and filed a complaint with the consumer division of the NC Attorney General's Office. They have sent a letter to VW asking why it is taking so long? I postulate they might want to push some of their losses into 2017. I am shopping for either a Ford Fusion hybrid or a Honda hybrid with safety bells and whistles. After 4 diesels and three other VW's I will never buy or recommend another one.

Last edited:

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
I took the earliest appointment and filed a complaint with the consumer division of the NC Attorney General's Office.
You know that VW has 90 days to give you an appointment, right? If you were able to schedule a late January appointment on Dec 16, VW was operating well within their timelines (at least for that piece of the process).

lonhr2

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI, Stage I Revo
I submitted my documents on Oct 29 and haven'e heard anything back. Should I keep waiting or is there something else? Thanks in advanced

Mr.TDI

TDI
15 GSW
Cant get the spreadsheet to work so
Docs submitted 10/19
Docs imcomplete 11/8
Docs accepted 11/18
Offer recieved 12/28
Offer uploaded 12/28
Offer accepted 12/28
Buy back date 2/14....

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

cracklepop

TDI
2009 Jetta sedan, manual trans.
My buy back date was last friday, 12/23/16, on monday I received the Chase email instructing me to sign on and input my bank information and that the money would be there in 1 - 2 business days and my money arrived this morning....... Now to buy another vehicle????

dakotap

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI DSG
Turned in my Jetta on 12/27 and got the receipt email before leaving the dealership at 9:19am. Took all of 15 minutes. She told me I would get an email from chase within 24hr to give my account info. It's been 32hr and no email yet.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
@dakotap, has the Chase email arrived yet? They seem to pretty consistently be going out at about 8:30 PM EST.

VW12Houston

TDI
12' VW Jetta TDI
Just want to thank everyone for posting their information on here. What I found most useful was looking at the spreadsheet and reading people's post of their timeline to kind of gauge what dates VW was processing even though I know everyone is different. Here are my stats, hope someone will find them useful. (*Note: unable to get into spreadsheet after several attempts)

Privately financed (major finance company)
Documents accepted: 11/28 (I originally faxed them in [dumb] and after two rejections [for quality] accepted)
Offer received: 12/28 at 9:02 a.m.
Notarized and signed: 12/28 at 9:59 a.m.
Offer accepted: 12/28 at 10:48 a.m. (not even an hour!)
Scheduled buyback date: 1/20 [*note, most dealerships in Texas are booked until early to Mid-february, with the exception of Laredo which still had dates as early as 1/13 luckily it's my hometown not too too far away from Houston.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Last edited:

dakotap

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI DSG
Noticed my chase email around 8:15pm CT last night. Fille out the info and as of 3:30am the funds are cleared and available in my bank. (I am a long time Chase customer if that helped any) $18,766 for my 2012 VW Jetta TDI Premium with 97,300 miles. My original VW letter said $19,077 or something like that. Already bought a 2017 Nissan Maxima Platinum almost 2 weeks ago. World's above the Jetta. It was a good car though and will be missed.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

kaamacat

TDI
10/27 - Initial paperwork uploaded
11/14 - VWGoA rejection email on (2) forms
11/18 - Corrected forms re-uploaded
11/25 - VWGoA email approving thru Step15 (Forms)
12/08 - VWGoA Auditors reviewing (See 12/13 entry)
12/13 - Called VWGoA on status. Rep said on 12/08 went to Auditors
12/29 - Zzzzzzz Zzzzzzz :-(

** Was curious as VW12Houston was similar with a 11/28 Step15 Date and is also
financed. Mine is through Audi, which should make it easier **