www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > General VW Discussion

General VW Discussion This is a place for General VW topics (the company, not your vehicle). General topics about a specific vehicle should be posted in the General TDI Dicussion Forum sections for that vehicle platform. A4, A3 & B4, B5, etc.

Old June 3rd, 2018, 20:28   #1
Was a fordie
Veteran Member

Default question on 1.9 L

I have a 2002 Jetta TDI that i bought back a couple years ago. When I was on the way home from Maryland/New Jeresy, I was rearended near Escanaba, MI late at night. WAs thinking about then converting it to a ute kit car, but other things came up in life. Now I was looking at the frame, and am thinking it might not be a good idea, seems like frame was a bit compromised.... I've been starting it up and driving around the lot and parking area of where I have it stored and letting it run an hour or two every other week, engine starts right up and runs well. I changed the oil recently too. has 194 k miles on it. how much do you think i could sell for if someone wanted to buy the whole car with the idea of buying simply for the engine?

I am now moving onto a different project. I am in the early stages of buying a school bus from my company that I work for , to convert to a mobile amateur radio shack/storm chasing mobile/Motorhome rig...

I want to get rid of this..
Old June 7th, 2018, 04:24   #2
racerxtdi
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 43 Combined Mostly City

Post it for sale I would think at least $500
5th Brake Light Mod; Ventectomy; CAT 2 Micron Fuel Filter; BlauParts S&S/Moog Springs/ TT LCA; NSP Boost Gauge; Oil Catchment System; .658 5th Gear; Stealth Mufflectomy; PP520 DBW; Malone STG3 TBI: Upgraded Intercooler / Piping / TRUE CAI VR6 PD150 Intake.
racerxtdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 06:54   #3
Powder Hound
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: pretty freakin' good.

I've got a couple of y2k golfs that have good running engines, and have offered them at scrap prices, some rust but no collision damage, and have received no offers.
Sigh...

PH
Powder Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2018, 14:29   #4
Radial GT

Pull it, strap it to a crate, someone will pay you for it. No one wants to pull an engine...sadly. Timing belt job done recently? That'll help the sale.
93, Mazda RX7, All kinds of mods, still a rotary
Radial GT is offline   Reply With Quote