.216 upgarade, advice needed on fuel re-calibration,turbo adjustement

silvermoon

TDI
2003 TDI
Does anyone know what the mg/stroke should be for a A4 VNT15 03 jetta should be with the 216 upgrade.
Turbo issues, the settings, top 18psi @2000rpm and 6psi @1500rpmk, true?
How do I read these values without pressure gauge ( does VAG-COM read these values)
Any other helpful tips?
Thx for any contructive help.
Peter

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
You can log your boost pressure in vag-com. What are you referring to on the fuel flow? Are you talking about the IQ adjustment or the actual flow?

silvermoon

TDI
2003 TDI
vwmikel said:
You can log your boost pressure in vag-com. What are you referring to on the fuel flow? Are you talking about the IQ adjustment or the actual flow?
Thx for the reply, In regards to Turbo, I take it then the turbo can be de-tuned to avoid "surge" operation. This can be done using the VAG-COM I take it? What setting do I need to input? (or value?)

Fuel flow, When installing one size larger(205's) FAQ states re-calibrate fuel delivery at idle to 3mg/stroke with stock ECU.
When going up two sizes 216's it says to go to the leanest possible setting(biggest reported number within spec true?

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
By the way, the turbo's VNT adjustment is done with wrenches and tools, not with a computer. There is nothing that can be changed with VAG-COM that influences either "surge" or "spike" (which are different). See the TDIFAQ for more on this.

silvermoon

TDI
2003 TDI
216 installed

did not mess with the turbo.
Thx for the heads up about the VAG-COM being able to see boost pressure.
Fuel flow re-calibrated (actual mg/stroke) and EGR done as well.
works great.