Jetta spare parts questions

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 OZ Cruze CTD & 2010 JSW 6MT & 2017 GMC Canyon CCLB ATX 2.8 Duramax
I'm going to do the buyback soon on my early '09 Jetta TDI 6MT (CBEA). I know it's a MKV but my question has to do with the MKVI platform. I planned on keeping this car for many years, but a bunch of issues appeared at around 100k miles (2017) so now I'm going to turn my Jetta as the offer of $13K is too good to pass up for a car that has issues.

I have a bunch of spare parts for this car including:

-CR170 Turbo
-Rawtek 3" exhaust w/ downpipe
-Neuspeed Turbo Damper
-EGR Delete kit
-Air Filters
-Cabin Filters
-Oil Filters
-Fuel Filters (Olympic Ring)
-Coolant
-Oil
-Brake fluid
-more stuff I can't remember now.
-Complete Timing Belt kit. Accessory belt kit and all pulleys. All TTY bolts, camshaft seals, Etc.. I think it was around $700 w/ a 20% dealer discount for the whole enchilada.

I bought the Delete stuff right before the Dieselgate news broke and I've been sitting on it since then cause I didn't know what was gonna happen.

My Questions...

1. If I decide to buy one of the "Fixed" 2010-2014 Jetta sportwagens that are showing up for sale now, how many of the '09 MKV parts can I use for this "new" car?

2. Are they all compatible (except for the fuel filters), even the delete stuff?

3. What isn't compatable?

Thanks for any help. I'm not familiar with the MKVI platform.

Last edited:

SkiBumJH

TDI
2009 JSW, sold back 11/17, 2012 Jetta Sportwagen
I just went from a mkv to mkvi and although I don't know the answers, my impression is that very little works on both generations.

Would likely be easy to sell all of your excess here at the club though ...

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 OZ Cruze CTD & 2010 JSW 6MT & 2017 GMC Canyon CCLB ATX 2.8 Duramax
I just went from a mkv to mkvi and although I don't know the answers, my impression is that very little works on both generations.
Would likely be easy to sell all of your excess here at the club though ...
Yes I know I can sell this stuff here and on Ebay, but at the same time I'm really trying to decide if I should spend the money and buy one of these highly overpriced "Fixed" sportwagens.

Knowing that it I could still use a bunch of stuff that I already have would push me in that direction, but some of the prices I'm seeing for these used "fixed" TDIs that have been sitting in a field for 1-2 years blows my mind! Some of the pictures on cars.com show the interior is filthy ! Like the windows were left open.

From what I can tell the bulk, if not all of the timing belt stuff should work as they only sell one kit for the '09-14 Jetta/Golf on the dieselgeek site.

The Rawtek 3" exhaust *may* fit, I know the downpipe fits. I need to call them to confirm. The CR170 turbo will work.

The other maintenance stuff is less important than the $3k spent on the 2 kits above.

D-Cup

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition, 2003 Jetta GLS, 2000 Jetta GLS, 2012 JSW
If it were me, I would keep everything until I already had a new car, TDI or not, then keep/sell parts. Would suck to sell something for a loss and then end up re-purchasing it.

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG Matalic Grey
You can ship it all to me.... PM and I'll give you my address....:) Most if the '09 is good through '14.

I sell stuff on eBay, works for me... shipping can be expensive. So you have to price it right... I sold a bunch of parts of a CJAA engine. Then you have to get a box, shipping material, pack it... it's a pain but a good way to get rid of stuff and make a few coins.

Try classifieds here on TDI forum.
Try Facebook buy and sell for your town
Try Craigslist.

Last edited: