Chrome exhaust tips

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a good source for chrome exhaust tips? Looking for something that will fit on my ride (need two of them) and look good. With the ESP, it looks like something is missing on my car since I don't have chrome/stainless steel exhaust tips.

TDI Believer

Responsible For Global Warming
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
I've heard that chrome exhaust tips are good for at least 30 hp. Almost as much as you get from a Neuspeed sticker...

With the ESP, it looks like something is missing on my car since I don't have chrome/stainless steel exhaust tips.
(Um...what does the Electronic Stability Program have to do with how the car looks?) :confused:

Last edited:

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
Well, I am not looking for ponies, I am looking to dress the car up a little. Some tips back there would look really good. But the places I have gone online have a very limited selection. Plus, I will probably have to cut some off of the current tips to make them flat and even.

TDI Believer

Responsible For Global Warming
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
I'm just funnin' with ya. You could just get the muffler for the gas Jetta. It has chrome tips straight out the back.

kwong7

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI / White
I grabbed a really pretty set of tips from eBay. They are dual-twin tips that are rolled, beveled, and staggerred. Looks a lot like the tips from an AMG SL55. I'll try and post some pics later. They'll be installed during my mufflerectomy, after the body kit gets painted and installed...after skidplate install.

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
I wonder if there is any place locally that sell tips like this. It is so hard to tell how they will look on the car. I apprecaite the links.

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
hmm, my pipes are 2.25". Can anyone suggest what I could use to cut down the tips of my OEM pipes? Should I use a drill with a grinding wheel attached? Thanks.

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
BUMP....okay, well it looks like I am going to have to have someone help me with this. Anyone in the area have a shop and the proper tools? Thanks.

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
Nope. I am still trying to decide what to get. Since the outlets are 2.25", should I get tips that have a 2.25" inlet or a 2.5" inlet? The other thing I am concerned about is if the tips will fit next to each other since there isn't much room between my current outlets.

BoosTDIt said:
yea no problem sure...got the parts yet?

skippytdi

Veteran Member
TDI
06 jet-ta
Ken, this style is essentially the same size as the one i got. It should fit the rear valence cut-out no problem.
The overall width on mine is a tad larger than 6 inches. I used the 2.25 inlet size in the pic as a reference measurement and used that to measure across the width.
Mike

no-blue-screen said:
this magnaflow is nice, i would have to remove the muffler with this. Will this work?

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/65A2466A0A0.aspx

Diameter 3", Inlet Size 2.25", Length 10"

BoosTDIt

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last NA 2dr 5sp
as long as the ID is 2.25 [because you're keeping the stock ID for now]...you can make anything work
you have to decide if you like it next and get it :)